Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: This is What Happy Looks Like

This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs? 


-Summary and Cover via Goodreads


Plot: The plot was really cute and as I was reading the book I kept thinking this would make a really good movie. I liked how between chapters there were e-mails. I was happy with how the book ended for the characters, but I would definitely read a sequel to the book!

Characters: I don't generally like books with two point of views because I almost always like one better than the other but in this one I think it worked well. I liked Ellie in this story but I really liked Graham. It seemed like we should have heard more from her friend Quinn in the book.

The Cover: I love the cover! It really catches your attention and stands out, Though that scene never happens in the book.

Overall: I wanted to read this book because I loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by the author and thought it sounded good and while I did not love it as much as that book I still liked it a lot and definitely recommend this book.

I checked this book out from my local library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )