Monday, August 26, 2013

Review: Prom and Prejudice

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl of high standing at Longbourn Academy must be in want of a prom date.
After winter break, the girls at the very prestigious Longbourn Academy become obsessed with the prom. Lizzie Bennet, who attends Longbourn on a scholarship, isn't interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes, but her best friend, Jane, might be - especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London.
Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance but less than impressed by Charles's friend, Will Darcy, who's snobby and pretentious. Darcy doesn't seem to like Lizzie either, but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. Clearly, Will Darcy is a pompous jerk - so why does Lizzie find herself drawn to him anyway?

-Summary and cover from Goodreads


Plot: I've never read Pride and Prejudice. Which I know is horrible and I need to read it and I will one day. I have a basic understanding of the plot though from having seen the 2005 movie. But I can't really say if this book matches the plot that well to the original book.From someone who has not read the original I liked it a lot. It is fairly short though which was what I was looking for when I was trying to pick my next book to read. It was a lot of fun!

Characters: I liked Lizzie and Darcy! Darcy's sister Georgie was sweet. Jane was really nice. Lydia I just wanted to slap pretty much the whole book. I liked the characters for the most part.

The Cover: It is not a bad cover. Not my favorite, though if I saw it in a bookstore I would pick it up and read about it.

Overall: A fun and quick modern day retelling of Pride and Prejudice! I recommend it most definitely!

I checked this book out from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )