Monday, January 20, 2014

Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog

When I first heard the topic for this week it made me think of #RBWL! Which I had a lot of fun with! (I made A LOT of wishes that day) A few of the wishes on my wishlist below are ones I made during that, but a few are new ones! And I didn't just list ten... I may have gone a little over that! :)


Top Ten Fifteen Things On My Reading Wishlist


1. Homeschoolers
I'm homeschooled and I would REALLY love to read a book about that. But not the any of the annoying stereotypes about us, like that we have no friends/live in the middle of nowhere/aren't intelligent/insert annoying stereotype here. 

2. Lupus
I have Lupus and I've only read one book where the main character has it, and it wasn't the best portrayal of it in my opinion. I wouldn't want it to be the main part of it, but just be A part, you know?

3. Castles
Present day or Historical it doesn't matter to me, okay? I just love castles a lot! :)

4. War of 1812
This is a interesting time period that I don't think gets written about enough!

5. Christian Main Characters
Not Christian Fiction (Though I like it, too) But one where it's just part of who they are. Maybe mention them going to Church or praying before meals. It doesn't have to take over the whole story or anything like that.

6. Family Vacations
This has the potential for a hilarious book!

7. Different Countries
There are a lot of countries that I would love to read about in books, I would be happy with Ireland, Scotland, and yes, even more books set in Paris and England. And a lot of other countries, too!

8. Fairytale Retellings From the POV of People Other Than The Princess/Prince
I just think this would be a very fun way to retell a fairytale, especially a well known one!

9. New York City
That is all. 

10. Good Parents
I would love for their to be good parents in a book, ones that actually take an interest in the lives of their kids. This may be hard to believe, but a lot of kids do get along with their parents!

11. Superheroes!
Particularly like the school in X-Men, but any kind would be amazing!

12. A YA Love Story That Takes Place at Christmas Time!
I've read a lot of romance books that take place in the Summer or during the rest of the school year, but I would love to read a YA one where it takes place during Christmas time!

13. Quirky Mysteries
Along the lines of cozy mysteries maybe?

14. Funny "Make Me Laugh Out Loud and Have People Look at Me Like I'm Insane" Books
You know the books I'm talking about! The ones where you're reading them near people and you have to hold your laughter in, but it's not possible! The book is too hilarious not to laugh! :)

15. Horses
If it has a horse on the cover or in the summary I will most likely at least try the book. I have never outgrown horses in books, never!


What's your TTT for the week?!

16 comments:

  1. I love the retellings idea. I never really though about it but most retellings that I've heard are usually retold through the same protagonist as the original story. I'd think it would be so neat to read a story from the secondary characters, like the evil step sister, or actually the villain.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read a book (Sleeping Beauty's Daughters) the other day and it was told from the POV of the oldest daughter! It was rally good and I would love to read more retellings told from the POV of a different character than normal! Ooh, yes I like your ideas too! :)

      Delete
  2. You've come up with some brilliant ideas. I'd like to read more about people who are homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is great, Jessica! I have retellings from a different perspective as mine too and I like the idea of a GOOD portrayal of a homeschooler. I cringe if I ever see it on a synopsis because 100% of the time, it's done super wrong. NYC, great parents, Christmastime, different countries...I agree with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even though I should know better by now, if it mentions a homeschooler in the summary of the book I usually try it and I'm usually very let down by it. :( Yay! I'm glad you agree with a lot of the things on my list! :)

      Delete
  4. YES PLEASE! Can we have more superheroes! I LOOOVE X-Men, and I would love to read a book along those lines!!!
    Also, I am from Denmark, so the second you said Different Countries I was like "Yep, I got one!", but then I realized I don't, really, because I didn't really like Danish Teen books, BUT if you like sort of historical time, Denmark, other stuff, you should read "The Shamer's Daughter", my favorite book of all time, it was what got me into reading.
    I you want to see my Top Ten list:
    http://bimsebamse.blogspot.com/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! :D

      I haven't read any Danish Teen books, but I'll have to look into the one you mentioned! Thank you for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  5. Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle is a good one for around Christmas time!
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one yet, but I know a lot of people love it! :)

      Delete
  6. 11. I looooove books about superheroes, and any X-Men-type novel is a must buy for me. LOVE THEM.

    13. I would love for there to be more mysteries in YA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE THEM, TOO! It would be neat if superheroes were in YA books more!

      Yay! I'm glad people agree with me about that! :)

      Delete
  7. Would love more books around Christmas too! Can't believe I forgot that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm happy that other people want books at Christmas too!

      Delete
  8. I agree with a lot of the stuff you mentioned, especially the different countries. I love geography, so of course, I'm all for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's neat to hear that people agree with me on a lot of these! Yeah, different countries would be neat in books! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )