Thursday, January 19, 2017

Interview With Kes Trester!


Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Kes Trester! Ms. Trester is the author of the YA book, A Dangerous Year, which releases April 25th! :)

Here's the interview!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.


Would you please describe your book, A Dangerous Year, in seven words?

Teenager confronts intrigue, danger, and possibly murder.


Did you always want to be a YA author?

I’ve always been a writer, first in the film business, then while producing television commercials. When I read my first YA novel, I was hooked on the emotional accessibility of the characters, page-turning pacing, and the dramatic character arcs more common in YA. I knew I had to be part of it.


Random question! Where's your favorite place to write?

I live in Los Angeles, and am very fortunate to escape to the beach often. My go-to spot is a balcony overlooking the ocean. There’s nothing like catching a glimpse of a migrating whale and her calf while sorting out a story point to make my heart happy.

That sounds like an awesome place to write!

What's one piece of advice you would give to aspiring authors?

Fear is a waste of time. It may be incredibly scary to put your work out into the world to be judged and critiqued, but the sooner you decide you will not let fear stop you, the sooner you will be on your way to a writing career.

Very good advice!

What are some MG and YA books you're looking forward to in 2017? And if you've already read some '17 books, which books have you loved?

I’m still catching up on 2016! In 2017, I’m looking forward to Stephanie Garber’s “Caraval” with its gorgeous cover and intriguing premise; Sarah Henning’s “Sea Witch” because I’ve read her work and love her writing style; and Jeff Giles’ “The Edge of Everything,” because I recognize a kindred spirit in his social media posts.


This was fun! Thanks for the interview, Jessica!

Those all look like great reads!

And thank you so much to Ms. Trester for participating in this event! :)



Here are a few links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )