Friday, January 27, 2023

2023 Debuts! Interview With Cara Tanamachi!



Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Cara Tanamachi, the author of The Second You're Single, which releases this Tuesday!

Would you please describe your book, The Second You're Single, in seven words?

 

Woman renounces love, then finds her soulmate.


What was the inspiration for the book?
 
This story is personal and definitely inspired by true life events. Like Sora, I spent periods of my single life swearing off love, dating, and especially Valentine’s Day. I used to throw Galentines parties, with lots of wine and lots of scoffing at anything pink, red or heart-shaped.
But, like Sora, the very second I really gave up on dating and love, I met my soulmate, my husband, PJ, who helped me believe in Valentine’s Day again.


Random Question! What’s your favorite holiday?


           Halloween! There are SO many things to love about it: fun costumes, scary movies, candy (did I mention the candy?!), and, of course, autumn, a most wonderful time of the year.


What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?


Don’t give up. It may seem like you’ll never find your audience, but the only way to make SURE you never will is to give up. Being tenacious is the key to success in the publishing world.

 

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2023? And if you’ve already read some ‘23 books, would you like to mention them?

 

Yes! I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Lunar Love  the debut by Lauren Kung Jessen, and I’m loving it. The love story sizzles from the get-go. Jessen gets you thinking about family legacy as well as the Chinese Zodiac. What's not to love? It’s a must-read in 2023.

 

Other 2023 releases I can’t wait for:

 

Quietly Hostile by Samantha Irby May 2023

Irby is my favorite humor writer. She's hilarious, and her essays make me snort-laugh out loud every time.

 

Behind the Scenes by Karelia Stetz-Waters (I LOVED her previous book, Satisfaction Guaranteed),

 

Big Little Spells by Hazel Beck (This paranormal series of a town of witches is delightful Small Town, Big Magic is tremendous. Hazel Beck is the writing team of Megan Crane and Nicole Helm, and they are fantastic).

 

Also can’t wait for new releases by Sanjni Patel (Isha, Unscripted), Abby Jimenez (Yours Truly), and, of course, Emily Henry (Happy Place).

 

There are so many great reads coming in 2023 it's hard to whittle down the list!




Author Bio: Cara Tanamachi lives near Chicago with her husband and five children (two by biology and three by marriage), and their 85-pound Goldendoodle, Theodore. Raised near Dallas, Texas by her Japanese-American dad and her English-Scottish American mom, she was the oldest of two children (the debate still rages whether she or her brother are currently the family favorite). 

The University of Pennsylvania (Go Quakers!) grad worked as a newspaper reporter, and then published many novels under the name, Cara Lockwood.  A former single mom, she spent eight years dating (hilariously and awkwardly) before finding the love of her life on Bumble (yes, Bumble!). She believes we all could use a little more happily ever after.

Here Are A Few Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )