Monday, June 2, 2014

Mini Review: I Heart Band #1 & I Heart Band #2: Friends, Fugues, and Fortune Cookies

Mini review: I Heart Band #1 & I Heart Band #2: Friends, Fugues, and Fortune Cookies by Michelle Schusterman


Here's the summary for the first book! :)

Band Geeks unite in this fresh new middle-grade series by debut author (and former band director) Michelle Schusterman! 

Holly Mead’s first day of seventh grade isn’t going as planned. Her brother ruins her carefully chosen outfit, she’s almost late, and her new band director has some surprisingly strict rules. Worst of all, it seems like her best friend, Julia, has replaced her with Natasha, the pretty, smart, new French horn player! Holly is determined to get first chair, but Natasha is turning out to be some pretty stiff competition—and not just in band. Band might be a competition, but friendship isn’t—and Holly needs to figure it out before she loses Julia for good. 
-summary and covers via Goodreads

 First sentence: "Sometimes being a perfectionist just isn't worth the effort"

Review: These were fun, enjoyable, and quick reads that I think MG readers will enjoy a lot! I don't want to talk too much about them for fear of spoiling you all, but I think that if you're looking for a fun new series this is one you need to try! Holly is a very likable character that is easy to relate to, and from the first sentence I was eagerly turning the pages to find out what would happen! I thought it was very fun, and I know I would have loved it when I was that age. I look forward to the next book a lot, (Already have it on hold at the library!) and look forward to reading what'll happen next to Holly and her friends! :)

The cover and title: I love the covers of these books, don't you all love them too?! And the titles are fun! :)

I checked this book out from my library! 

Authors website: http://michelleschusterman.com/
Age Range: Middle Grade
Series?: Yes! The 3rd book has already been released! :)
Publisher:  Grosset

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )