Thursday, May 18, 2017

Yay For Middle Grade Books! Interview With Mike Maihack



Today on the blog I'm pleased to present an interview with Mike Maihack! Mr. Maihack is the author of the Cleopatra in Space graphic novels, including the upcoming The Golden Lion, which releases June 27th.

Here we go!

The bold writing is the questions I asked, the regular writing is his responses, and the bold italic writing are my comments about his answers.

1. Would you please describe the Cleopatra in Space series in seven words?
Teenaged Cleopatra battles aliens in distant galaxy.

Awesome! :)

2. There are currently three books about Cleo, with a fourth releasing in June. Do you know how many books will be in the series?
Six. And that’ll be it. There’s a definitive ending I’ve been working on since Book 1. I actually wrote it down before I started the series so it’s kind of exciting (and scary) to be so close to it now.

3. Random question! Do you listen to music while you write/illustrate?

That’s ALL I listen too! Only time I listen to podcasts is when I go for a run and I can’t concentrate on writing or drawing when the TV is on. So I’ve grown to appreciate pretty much every genre of music from almost every decade since I take in about 8-10 hours of it a day.

That's a lot of music to get to listen to! :)

4. If you're able to talk about it, what are you working on now?
Book 5 of Cleopatra in Space. It’s a beast. Lot of the overarching story threads finally come to a head in it.

5. What are some of your favorite Middle Books?
I’m frightfully behind on almost everything but I recently (finally) read the Harry Potter series and have become a big fan of that. I’ve been kind of gobbling up all the supplementary material that’s come out since. There’s a lot of ongoing comics I’m enjoying quite a bit right now too, like Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl.

Thank you so much to Mr. Maihack for participating int this event! :)


Author bio: MIKE MAIHACK is the author of the award-winning Cleopatra in Space series for Scholastic/Graphix as well as the creator of the popular webcomic Cow & Buffalo. He has contributed to books like Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman; Parable; Jim Henson's The Storyteller; Cow Boy; Geeks, Girls, and Secret Identities; and Comic Book Tattoo. Mike is currently working on the fifth Cleopatra in Space book while helping his wife and Siamese cat keep up with two super kinetically powered boys in the humid tropics of Lutz, Florida.

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )