Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Interview with Elise Bryant!

 

Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview Elise Bryant, the author of the YA novel Happily Ever Afters, which is out now!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please describe your book, Happily Ever Afters, in seven words?

Hawaiian shirts, swooning, sugar, and self love!

The book summary mentions the main character, Tessa, loves romance novels. What are some books you think she would love?

Tessa would be obsessed with everything by Alyssa Cole and Jasmine Guillory! And as far as YA, I think she’d love All the Things We Never Knew by Liara Tamani, Pride by Ibi Zoboi, and The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.

Random Question! What’s your favorite dessert?

I think a chocolate chip cookie is the perfect dessert! The New York Times recipe is my favorite.

Yes! I love chocolate chip cookies! :)

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Read! Read widely, read often. I never read a craft book before I drafted Happily Ever Afters, but I learned from reading books that I love. 

Fantastic advice! :)

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2021? And if you’ve already read some ‘21 books, would you like to mention them?

Oh, there are so many!! I’m so excited for Like Home by Louisa Onome, Jay's Gay Agenda by Jason June, Last Chance Books by Kelsey Rodkey, Where the Rhythm Takes You by Sarah Dass, and Once Upon a Quinceañera by Monica Gomez-Hira. I’ve also already read Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney and loved it. 2021 is going to be a good year for books!

I agree, I think 2021 is going to be great for books! :)

Thank you to Elise Bryant for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Elise Bryant was born and raised in Southern California. She earned her BA in Africana studies from California State University, Long Beach, and her MA in special education from Loyola Marymount University. For many years, Elise had the joy of working as a special education teacher in South Los Angeles, and she is also a National Board Certified Teacher. Elise now lives with her husband and two daughters in Long Beach, where she spends her days reading, writing, and eating dessert. Happily Ever Afters is her debut novel.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )