Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Review: Sunkissed

 Review: Sunkissed by Kasie West


A lighthearted and swoony contemporary YA romance by fan-favorite author Kasie West about a girl who finds that a summer spent at a family resort isn’t as bad as she imagined…and that falling in love is filled with heartache, laughter, and surprises!

After being betrayed by her best friend, Avery is hoping for a picture-perfect summer. Too bad her parents have dragged her and her sister to a remote family camp for the entire summer. And that’s not even the worst part. Avery also has to deal with no internet, a cute but off-limits staff member, and an always-in-her-face sister.

But what starts as a disaster turns into a whirlwind summer romance as Avery embarks on an unexpected journey to figure out what she truly wants and who she wants to be.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: I love books that take place in summer, so the moment I saw that Kasie West's (One of my all-time favorite authors!) new book was a summer book, I was so excited to read it! And it not only met my high expectations, but exceeded them. Reading about Avery finding her voice, and finding love was such an enjoyable read!

Characters: Avery was a fantastic main character! I loved that her family played such a big role in the book. Brooks was a great love interest, and when I was a teen, he would have definitely been added to my list of book boyfriends. I liked how friendship played a large role in the book, too!

The Cover: I think it's really cute! (Also, I had never read someone call having a sunburn being sunkissed before reading this book, I like that phrase!)

Overall: Because it's a Kasie West book, I knew I would enjoy it, but I didn't expect how much! This is now one of my favorites by her! If you're looking for a fantastic YA read, I highly recommend this book!

I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )