Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: Princess Juniper of the Hourglass

Review: Princess Juniper of the Hourglass by Ammi-Joan Paquette

In this royal adventure, Princess Juniper learns what it means to rule a kingdom–at least for the summer.

For her thirteenth nameday all Princess Juniper wants is a country of her own. So when rumblings of unrest start in his kingdom, Juniper's father decides to grant his daughter's wish and sends her to a small, idyllic corner of the Hourglass Mountains until trouble blows over. Once there, Juniper discovers that ruling a small country–even just for the summer–is a bit harder than she'd expected, especially when cousin Cyril challenges her rule. Still, the most difficult part is to come. Juniper and her friends discover that her father's kingdom is at war. The only way to stay safe is to remain in the Hourglass Mountains much longer than planned. Juniper may have her own country after all . . . but what will that mean for the kingdom of Torr?

This book is perfect for fans of Frozen and Brave, who like their princess strong and smart as well as sparkly. 

-summary and cover via Goodreads


Plot: The idea of this book was fun! A Princess asks her father for her own kingdom for a summer? Fun! The whole book was very good, and I enjoyed getting to read about Juniper planning her kingdom. And having to learn how to run a kingdom.


Characters: Juniper was a awesome main character to read about! I liked Erick a lot! And Tippy was fun! All of the characters were interesting, and I look forward to getting to read more about them in the next book!


The cover: I like it! (When I look at it, I'm reminded of the new covers for the Frog Princess books by E. D. Baker.) :)


Overall: This was an excellent book! Going to be one of my favorites this year! And after everything that happened in this book? I need to read the next book to find out what happens! If you love Princess books, or just a good book in general, I highly recommend it! :)


I checked this book out from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )