Monday, February 20, 2017

Review: Archie Vol. 2

Review: Archie Vol. 2 by Mark Waid and Veronica Fish

The all-new ARCHIE adventure continues! Superstar writer Mark Waid teams up with the best and brightest artists in comics to bring a modern take to the legendary Riverdale cast of characters. The book will captures the bite and hilarious edge of Archie's original tales in a modern, forward-looking manner, while still retaining the character's all-ages appeal. If classic Archie is a Saturday morning cartoon, this new series is prime time!
-summary and cover via Goodreads


The plot: This was fun! I liked learning more about all the characters in this one, and after that cliffhanger ending I'm looking forward to Vol. 3!

The characters: I've been reading Archie comics for years (They were what introduced me to comics and graphic novels when I was about ten.), and Betty and Jughead have always been my favorites (And Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but she's not in this new version of the world. At least, not yet.), and I'm happy to say that they are still my favorites in this series, too! And unpopular opinion time, I've never really liked the character of Archie all that much. But in this series I actually have been liking him! And Veronica is entertaining! I would love to read more stories about some of the supporting characters, too!

The art: I like it!

The cover: It's good!

Overall: I've been a fan of Arche Comics for years, and last year when I read the first volume of this new Archie comic, I really liked it! (And I wasn't sure I would, because I was so used to the old style. But I hoped I would like it!) This 2nd volume was even better! I like the drama in it, and there were parts that made me laugh! And after reading the first issue of the new Betty and Veronica that was included in the back of this Graphic Novel, I'm looking forward to reading it, too! Definitely recommend this series, if you're an Archie fan! And even if you aren't, this is a really good series that I think people should try! :)


I checked this book out from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )