Wednesday, December 11, 2019

2019 Christmas Songs Book Tag


I saw this tag on Jana's blog (That Artsy Reader Girl) that she created, and thought it was really fun! And perfect for Christmas. For this post I'm going to focus on books I've read in 2019. (But these were not all released in 2019.) Here we go!

1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Favorite bookish couple.
Two couples came to mind when I read this question, so I'm going to list both of them! First, Lucky and Jack from Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo were adorable, and I loved their relationship. Second, I loved Poppy and Sam from I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella.

2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).
I was skimming my Goodreads 2019 shelf trying to think of a book for this question, which was actually harder than I thought it would be! I decided on answering with The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey. The main character is away from home in the book (and doesn't remember where home even is, because she's lost her memory), so it fits! Also, I really enjoyed reading this book.

3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.).
I haven't read any short stories this year, and sadly I haven't read many picture books this year (Honestly, I read a lot less overall this year. I really need to try and catch up!). I don't have a book for this question.

4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
I have a whole wishlist of books for Christmas, and there's a lot on it from Santa to choose from!

5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?
I've cried a lot this year, but not many books made me cry. (I think because when I did read, I was mostly reading happier books.) But there were multiple parts in Sherwood by Meagan Spooner that made me emotional! It was a really good book!

6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Your favorite book/kind of book to read during the holidays.
Christmas books! I have multiple ones on my TBR list, but two that I've already read this year are Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella and 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston. I loved both of them!

7. “We Three Kings”: Your favorite trilogy.
I didn't read a trilogy this year!

8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: A character you would love to be snowed in with.

9. “Last Christmas”: A book that seriously let you down.
I don't really like listing anything negative about books on here, so I'm not going to answer this one. :)

10. “White Christmas”: An upcoming release you’re dreaming about.
Ooh, there are so many! I really don't think I could list just one! :)

That was fun! Thank you to Jana for creating this tag! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )