Monday, January 6, 2014

Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish




Try to have posts up more often, but don't stress about it if I don't.
I would love to get more posts up on the blog, but I don't want to stress about it to the point where blogging is no longer fun.

Try to learn more about all of the tech stuff on my blog
I need to work on this a lot more than I have.

Try to comment on other blogs more.
I was getting better at this, then I got busy and haven't commented as much as I was. I want to get better at it! Not just on my favorite blogs, but I want to find new ones too!

Just have fun!
No explanation needed! :)


Try to read 12 Books and 12 Graphic Novels/Manga
This is the goal I've been using the past few years now.

Try to read More Classics This Year
I don't think I read any last year and I would really like to. And Jane Austen is at the top of my list!

Try to read a few MG series that it seems like everyone else has read already.
Not going to list all of them here, but I just want to know what everyone is talking about, you know?

Try to read as many books as possible for me in the debut author challenge.
This list here has the ones I'm really looking forward to on it!


Be more organized.
I'm going to be more organized this year! I am!

Try not to judge people based on first impressions/interests/whatever.
I get really frustrated when people judge me based on things like who my favorite singers/bands are, or how I dress, or how I'm a little shy when people first meet me. I've been guilty of jumping to conclusions about people because of things like that, and I really want to stop doing that in the new year.

What are your goals/resolutions this year?

17 comments:

  1. I think your personal goals are really ambition and admirable. I don't like how I'm super judgey sometimes. It's either on or off, either I don't care or I judge instantly and I wish I didn't. I'm doing the DAC too.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, another person doing the DAC! Good luck to you! :)

      Delete
  2. Great goals Jessica :-) I've decided that I'm going to make an effort to comment on more blogs, not just their meme posts! I hope you achieve your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! I agree on the commenting on more blogs. That's something I need to do as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck to you with commenting on blogs this year!

      Delete
  4. Seems like a lot of people are putting classics on the list this year - I know I am. And I'm also pretty bad at commenting back on other blogs, but its a new year, right!?

    Good luck with your goals!

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen classics on a few peoples lists too! Yes, new year, new goals!

      Thank you! Good luck to you too! :)

      Delete
  5. Great list - I had one about commenting more on blogs last year and didn't do so great, but I'm going to try that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with commenting this year! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you! Good luck to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeee, these are such great goals, Jessica! I'm with you on being more techie. I also love the one about being organized (okay, all of them) because I function best when I'm organized (LISTS!), but I don't always give myself that benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, when I actually take the time to plan things (I love lists!) it makes everything easier, but I rarely take the time to. I'm going to be better this year! :)

      Delete
  8. Nice goals. I want to learn more tech stuff for my blog too!

    My TTT: http://www.pingwings.ca/top-ten-tuesday-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with learning more about all the tech stuff for your blog! Hopefully we both will learn a lot about it this year! :)

      Delete
  9. Great goals this year! I hope you complete them; I never do. It's the worst feeling. Have you ever read any manga before? I used to be obsessed with it...I still kind of am. Some really good/funny ones are Fairy Tail, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Maid Sama, Soul Eater and Special A. I guess it depends on the genre you like. I'm more picky about the art, too.
    If you want to learn more about coding, I highly recommend Code Academy...it's actually amazing.
    Good luck on your goals! Happy reading! :)
    -Sophia, Loving Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've definitely read Manga before! :) Ouran is one of my favorites ever! It's hilarious, isn't it? I haven't read the others yet, though I have tried Special A, it just wasn't my favorite. (I might try it again to see if my opinions on it are different now!) My favrite genre is Shojo, I like the more romance based ones! :) Thank you for the recommendations, Sophia! And thank you! Happy Reading to you too! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )