Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: Lost in London

Review: Lost in London by Cindy Callaghan

A tween's foreign exchange experience lands her in London luxury and some hot water as well!

Twelve-year-old Jordan isn't unhappy, but she's definitely bored. So when she gets the chance to take part in a London exchange program, she's thrilled to ditch her small town in Delaware and see the world across the pond.

Unfortunately, Jordan's host sister in London, Caroline, isn't exactly enthusiastic about entertaining an American girl. Despite the chilly welcome, Jordan finds herself loving the city and Caroline's group of friends, who are much nicer than Caroline herself.

And then a major misstep leaves Jordan and Caroline trapped together overnight inside Daphne's, the world's largest department store. Given they have complete access to all the fancy shoes, designer dresses, and coolest makeup around, there are worse places to be stuck. But when the girls fun has not-so-fun consequences, Jordan's wish for excitement abroad turns into a lot more than she ever bargained for..
-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: The plot of this one is fun! I really wish Daphne's Department Store was real, because I would LOVE to go there! I love books set in other countries, and London is always a plus! It was neat to get to read about the tourist spots there! My Mom and I would love to go there one day!

Characters: They were fun! Jordan (Or J. J.) was a good character in it! I didn't really like Caroline at all, but her friends were fun!

The cover: Love it! Bright covers like that make me happy and this is neat looking, too! :)

Overall: If you want a fun MG book set in another country, then this one would be a good pick for you! :)

Would I recommend it?:
Yeah, if you love books that are set in London, I definitely recommend it!

Authors website: http://cindycallaghan.com/
Age Range: Middle Grade
Series?: No.
Publisher: Aladdin

I checked this book out from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )