Monday, April 28, 2014

Top Ten Books If You Like Disney Princess Movies!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog


If you know me, you know I love Disney! A lot!And the topic this week just had to be Disney related, though I wasn't totally sure how. I decided that going with the Disney Princess movies would be fun! Below, you'll find a book recommendation for each of the movies! Hope you enjoy! :)

Just to mention, I think a few of the hardest things (To me.) to recommend read-a-likes for is Disney. Not many books have the tone or feel of Disney movies (Again, to me.) and I find it hard to list ones that I think work with them. But all of the books I'm listing below I love, and in at least a little way, I think a Disney fan might like them. And I'm bad at recommending read-a-likes. Just to let you all know that.

Top Ten Nine Books If You Like Disney Princess Movies!
I didn't list all of them, because a few of them I wasn't able to think of read-a-likes for them.


If you like... Cinderella 


This is the one that I just had to pair together, Ella Enchanted is a retelling of Cinderella and if you haven't read it, I think you probably need to at least try it! :)

If you like... Sleeping Beauty



I picked this one not only because of the Sleeping Beauty aspect of it, but also because it has a wonderful fairytale feel! :)

If you like... The Little Mermaid



Not only the mermaid part, but I feel like a lot of what the main character is going through in the book is a little like what Ariel went through in The Little Mermaid! :) 

If you like... Beauty & the Beast


If you liked the idea of living furniture, then I think this book might be perfect for you! :) The castle in this book seems to be alive (Not in a talking way, but it moves rooms and adds doors and all those kind of fun things!), and it's fun! :)

If you like... Mulan



A girl trying to do something that usually only boys do, and doing it well! :)

If you like... The Princess & the Frog



I think the movie was loosely based on the book, and even though they're totally different, I think fans of the movie would enjoy the book! :)

If you like... Tangled


From what I remember of this book, it has the adventure feel that Tangled has! :)

If you like... Brave


The characters in Ever After High, in a way, want to change their fate, just like Merida does! :)

If you like... Frozen


This and Brave were the ones I had the hardest time picking a book for, I decided on this one because of the strong bond the main character has with her sister in the book, just like Elsa and Anna! :)


What's on your TTT? :)

15 comments:

  1. I love your Disney Theme :) Its good to know some books that are just good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your theme. My list is 10 books you'll like if you liked Frozen, but this was so cool with all the different movies. Do you have favorites within this list of books?

    My top ten tuesday: http://hardcoversandheroines.com/2014/04/29/ten-books-to-read-if-you-like-frozen/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Frozen is what you did! :) And hmm, if I had to pick my favorites from this list, then my top two would probably be A Horse of Her Own and Tuesdays at the Castle, though I love all of the above books! Now, if you had asked me my favorite movies from this list, that would be almost impossible to answer! :)

      Delete
  3. I am a sucker for Disney movies, so these sound like books I'd want to add to my TBR list. I love how you've chosen a book about sisterly love for Frozen rather than something based on the Snow Queen; it is Elsa and Anna the movie is really about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, I wasn't sure what book to use for it, then I thought how the main theme is Elsa and Anna, not everything else, and I thought a book with a strong sister bond would be perfect! I love that movie! :)

      Delete
  4. Loving your Disney theme. I'm a big fan of Disney, so I'm always looking for Disney-esque reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea!!! I love that you found books for so many awesome Disney movies!! I need to watch Frozen! I have it here, just haven't watched it yet... I feel like the last person already!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you love Frozen, it's a wonderful addition to the Disney world! :)

      Delete
  6. Great theme... I ALMOST picked this theme this week but then I decided not to. Angie
    Top Ten Tuesday- Clue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's neat! I love the one you went with, though! :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of the books on your list but definitely love the theme that you chose. I love Disney princesses :)
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and me, too! Though, I think everyone knows that about me now. ;)

      Delete
  8. Such a fab topic! I love Disney movies, especially princess ones. I only read Ella Enchanted out of this, but I did love it so I'll have to try the others out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )