Thursday, April 24, 2014

What Do YOU Think? Where Does Your Heart Belong in Books? YA, MG, or ?


In What Age Range Does Your Heart Belong?

I have heard people mention this before and I began to think about it the other day a little more. I think most of us have a age range (Not just genre, that's a whole other post to write another day) in books that we always go back to. To me, that's Middle Grade (I'm going to talk about why I think that is below), to you, it might be YA, or Adult, or Picture Books. I read books in other age ranges (In fact, a few of my favorites are in the ones I mentioned before.) But I always go back to MG as my go to one! I have many, many favorites in it! When I read a MG book, I feel like my heart belongs there, even though by my age, you would assume it would be YA (And I love YA! But I don't always get that "feeling" when reading one, you know?) that's my favorite, but it's not. MG is my favorite!

I have a hard time explaning why it's my favorite, other than it just feels right when I read one! I don't love all of them, but I just get that feeling when you read a book you're loving and it just really feels like the right book for you! I get that with YA and Adult and Picture Books, too. But not as often as Middle Grade.

Do you all know what I'm talking about? I hope I'm not insane sounding in this post, but I really would like to hear what you all think about this, too! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )