Friday, January 1, 2016

Books I Want to Read in 2016!

Last January I listed what Middle Grade and YA books I was looking forward to reading in 2015, in order of release date. It was helpful to me for helping me keep track of what books I was looking forward to reading and when they released each month! I also got a very good response from people about the post, with them saying they found out about books from the post to add to their TBR lists! (Made me happy to hear that!) And I thought it would be fun to do another post this year! :)

Here we go! :)

Books listed by Middle Grade Debut, YA Debut, Middle Grade, and YA. Listed in order of release date. except for books where I was not able to find an exact day, and I just listed them at the bottom of one of the lists below. If a release date is not accurate, I apologize. :)

Also, these are not the only books I'm going to want to read this year! Just the ones that at the moment I know about! (And the ones that I remembered to add to this list!) :)

(I only added a few book covers to this post because if I added all of them, this post would be waaay too long. It was so hard to pick which covers I was going to add! And just because I didn't add a cover to this post, doesn't mean I don't like it. There are multiple covers I love that I didn't add, but I just didn't have room for all of them.)


Middle Grade Debut:

January
Bounders by Monica Tesler (5th)



February
The Last Boy at St. Edith's by Lee Gjertsen Malone (23rd)


April
The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society by Janet Sumner Johnson


July
The Voyage to Magical North by Claire Fayers (5th)

Sticks and Stones by Abby Cooper (19th)


August
The Rat Prince by Bridget Hodder (23rd)


September
Poppy  Mayberry, the Monday by Jennie K Brown (13th)


The Friendship Experiment by Erin Teagan


YA Debut:

January
Bookisihly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira (12th)

The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright (18th)


February
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman (9th)


March
Holding Court by K.C. Held (1st)

Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor (1st)

Magnetic Shift by Lucy D. Briand (15th)


April
Dreamology by Lucy Keating (12th)

Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey (19th)

Emerge by Tobie Easton (19th)


May
Summer of Sloane Erin L. Schneider (3rd)

Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia (10th)

26 Kisses by Anna Michels (24th)


June
Sing by Vivi Greene (7th)


Saving Hamlet by Molly Booth


Alterations by Stephanie Scott


Non-Fiction:

February
Pink is For Blobfish by Jess Keating (2nd)


Middle Grade:

January
A Tiny Piece of Sky by Shawn Stout (19th)

Sit, Stay, Love by J.J. Howard (26th)


February
Sweet Home Alaska by Carol Estby Dagg (2nd)

Fridays With the Wizards by Jessica Day George (11th)

Pilfer Academy: A School So Bad It's Criminal by Lauren Magaziner (16th)

You're Invited Too by Jen Malone and Gail Nall (16th)


Red Moon Rising by K.A. Holt (23rd)

The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd (23rd)


March
Isabel Feeney, Star Reporter by Beth Fantaskey (1st)

The Secrets of Solace by Jaleigh Johnson (8th)


April
The Second Guard by J.D. Vaughn (14th)

Paris for Two by Phoebe Stone (26th)


May
The Sleepover by Jen Malone (17th)

Princess Juniper of the Anju by Ammi-Joan Paquette (24th)


August
A Most Magical Girl by Karen Foxlee (2nd)


Untitled (Keeper of the Lost Cities #5) by Shannon Messenger

Out of Tune by Gail Nall

One Hundred Dresses by Susan Maupin Schmid

The Secret Horses of Briar Hill by Megan Shepherd



YA:

January
Curio by Evangeline Denmark (5th)

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (5th)

Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMilan (19th)

The Possibility of Now by Kim Culbertson (26th)

Geek Girl: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale (26th)



February
Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan (9th)

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (23rd)


March
A Tyranny of Petticoats edited by Jessica Spotswood (8th)

The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller (8th)

What You Always Wanted by Kristin Rae (29th)


April
Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell (5th)

Two Summers by Aimee Friedman (26th)


May
Double Down (Lois Lane #2) by Gwenda Bond (1st)

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (3rd)

Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein (3rd)

This is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer (10th)

Exile for Dreamers by Kathleen Baldwin (24th)


Wanderlost by Jen Malone (31st)


June
All the Feels by Danika Stone (7th)

One Paris Summer by Denise Grover Swank (7th)

How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes (14th)

Summer Day & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins (14th)

Summer in the Invisible City by Juliana Romano (21st)

And I Darken by Kiersten White (28th)



July
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West (26th)


November
Heartless by Marissa Meyer (8th)


Untitled (Stolen Crowns #1) by Jessica Day George

Untitled by Marissa Meyer


What books are you looking forward to in 2016? Tell me here or on Twitter! I'm always looking for books to add to my TBR list! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I'll definitely have to refer back. A couple more I'm looking forward to are Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics (just released this week!) by Chris Grabenstein, and BFF Bucket List by Dee Romito, due out in May. So many great books coming up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I'll definitely have to refer back. A couple more I'm looking forward to are Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics (just released this week!) by Chris Grabenstein, and BFF Bucket List by Dee Romito, due out in May. So many great books coming up this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )