Monday, March 5, 2018

Interview With Alexandra Ott


Hi! Today on the blog I am pleased to present an interview with Alexandra Ott! Ms. Ott is the author of Rules For Thieves (My review!), and the upcoming sequel, The Shadow Thieves, which releases June 5th!

Here's the interview!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

1. Rules for Thieves was so good! The sequel, The Shadow Thieves, releases in June. What can you tell us about it?

Thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I can’t say much about The Shadow Thieves without spoilers, but I will say that it’s full of high-stakes adventure, humor, thieving, and magic just like the first book, and we’ll see the return of several familiar characters as well as some new ones!

It sounds awesome! :)


2. Which character from the book was the hardest to write?

Ooh, this is a tough question! I’d say probably Beck. He has a lot of layers, with his background and his personality constantly being in conflict with one another, and he has to make hard decisions. Conveying to readers why he makes certain choices throughout the book was challenging at times. But that complexity is why I find him so fun to write!

3. Random question! What type of drink and/or snack do you always have with you when you're writing?

Caffeine is an essential! If I’m writing during the day, I’ll usually go with coffee, but I also have a terrible habit of staying up all night to write and using soda as fuel.

4. If you can talk about it, what are you working on now?

I’ve just started writing my next middle grade novel. I have to keep the details a secret for now, but I think readers who love adventure fantasy stories with fierce female leads—like Rules for Thieves!—will enjoy this one too. I’ll have more information to share about this project very soon!

I look forward to hearing more about it! :)


5. What are some books you've recently enjoyed reading?

I’ve been reading Seeker of the Crown by Ruth Lauren, which is the sequel to Prisoner of Ice and Snow; it’s a really fun middle grade fantasy series with lots of adventure and action, much like Rules for Thieves! I’m also re-reading A Wrinkle in Time, because I loved it as a kid and can’t wait for the new movie adaptation coming out!

I've never read A Wrinkle in Time, I need to! :)


Thank you so much to Ms. Ott for letting me interview her!


Author bio: Alexandra Ott writes middle grade and young adult fiction. Her debut middle grade fantasy novel Rules for Thieves was published by Aladdin/Simon and Schuster in June 2017. A sequel, The Shadow Thieves, will follow in 2018.

Alex graduated from the University of Tulsa, where she studied English. She is currently an editorial assistant at Entangled Publishing. In her spare time, she plays the flute, eats a lot of chocolate, and reads just about everything. She lives in Oklahoma with her tiny canine overlord.

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )