Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Review: Wizardmatch

Review: Wizardmatch by Lauren Magaziner

Twelve-year-old Lennie Mercado loves magic. She practices her invisibility powers all the time (she can now stay invisible for fifteen seconds!), and she dreams of the day that she can visit her grandfather, the Prime Wizard de Pomporromp, at his magical estate.

Now Lennie has her chance. Poppop has decided to retire, and his grandchildren are coming from all over to compete in Wizardmatch. The winner inherits his title, his castle, and every single one of his unlimited magical powers. The losers get nothing. Lennie is desperate to win, but when Poppop creates a new rule to quelch any sibling rivalry, her thoughts turn from winning Wizardmatch to sabotaging it...even if it means betraying her family.
-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: It was really fun! The idea that everyone in her family has powers, but they're limited, was interesting! I kinda wonder what my power would be? I think it would be neat to be able to go invisible, like Lennie.

Characters: Lennie was a great main character! I liked seeing her stand up for herself in the book. And Fluffles! I mean, Sir Fluffington the Fourth, was really fun! All the rest of the characters were great, too!

The cover: Love! Perfect for the book, and I really like when multiple characters get to be on a book! (The back of the book is neat, too!)

Overall: I loved reading it! It made me laugh, and I really liked reading about all the characters in it! Very funny, and I would love to read another book about Lennie and her family. My new favorite of Lauren Magaziner's books! Highly recommend it! :)

I received an ARC of this book from the author and publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )