Friday, January 25, 2019

Interview With Erin Hahn!



Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Erin Hahn! Ms. Hahn is the author of the YA book You'd Be Mine, which releases April 2nd.

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

1. Would you please describe your debut book, You'd Be Mine, in seven words?
Country music super stars fall in love!

2. Country music seems to play a big part in You'd Be Mine. Who are some of your favorite country singers?
I have so many favorites! If I had to choose *today*, though, I’d say Miranda Lambert, Johnny Cash, Chris Stapleton and Brothers Osborne.

3. Random Question! What's your favorite color?
My favorite color is navy blue... which is perfect since Annie’s dress is navy on the cover of YOU’D BE MINE.

4. What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
My best advice would be to read and read widely. If you want to write, you need to be well versed in what’s already out there. I’m not just talking about the classics or award winning literature, though that’s great too! But whatever you want to write.

That's good advice! :)

5. What are some books you're looking forward to reading in 2019? And if you've already read some '19 books, do you want to mention them?
So many books seem incredible in 2019! It’s going to be a fantastic year for YA!! If you love fantasy, my favorites (that I’ve finished as of today) are “We Hunt the Flame” by Hafsah Faizal and “Grave Maidens” by Kelly Coon. In contemporary, so far I’ve loved “Hot Dog Girl” by Jenn Dugan, “Two Can Keep A Secret” by Karen McManus, “Red, White and Royal Blue” by Casey McQuiston and “Immoral Code” by Lillian Clark.

I agree, it really is going to be a fantastic year for books! :)

Thank you for participating in this event! :)


Author bio: ERIN HAHN started writing her own books when her little sister gave her shade about a country music-themed Twilight fanfic. By day, she likes to help kindergarteners make snakes out of playdoh. By night, she writes swoons. She married her own YA love interest who she met on her first day of college and has two kids who are much, much cooler than she ever was at their age. She lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan, aka the greenest place on earth and has a cat, Gus, who plays fetch.You'd Be Mine is her first novel.

Here are a few links:


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )