Saturday, August 24, 2019

Why I Have Not Posted

Hi, everyone! This post is going to be about why I kind of just disappeared from the blogging world this year, and what has been going on in my life. I'm going to be talking about my anxiety, so if you want to skip reading this post, I completely understand that.

Okay. This is a little hard to write about, and I don't know if I'm explaining everything properly, but I wanted to write this post. So, I've struggled with anxiety for a long time now, and this year it kind of just reached a high level that I didn't think was possible for me. I was constantly anxious, I couldn't sleep, and I was distancing myself from things I love because of it. I was barely reading, blogging seemed overwhelming, I had stopped crafting, I had a hard time being around big groups of people, I kept getting panic attacks, and I felt pretty bad overall. I was also dealing with physical health problems relating to my Lupus. Because of all of that, I was beginning to get depressed. At the urging of my Mom (Who has been really great and supportive during all this, and I couldn't have gotten through this without her.), I finally talked to my doctor about it. She was really understanding and helpful about it all. I'm now on medication for my anxiety, and it has helped me so much. I'm not back to the way I was before it got really bad, but I'm doing a lot better now. I'm beginning to get back into doing the things I love, and feeling better mentally than I have in a long time. I still have days where it's harder than others, but it's a lot better than before. I'm still having physical problems, but now that I'm doing better mentally, I'm handling the physical problems better.

The reason I'm writing this post now is that I'm hoping to get back into blogging again, and I wanted to explain why I just disappeared from the blogging world. I don't know how often I'll be posting to begin with, but I'm hoping to post at least once a week? I don't know yet. I'm going to post as much as I'm able, and if I need to take a step back again, I will. But I do look forward to blogging again! I have also been thinking about posting about music, TV, and movies, too. I enjoy all of those things, and I thought it might be fun to share what I'm listening to and watching, in addition to what I'm reading!

That's all I have to say today (She says, like she didn't just write a probably entirely too long post.), but I really do look forward to blogging and getting involved in the book world again! Buh-bye for now! And I'll post again soon. :)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your personal story! You are courageous and strong and inspirational. I'm happy to hear that you are seeking help. I hope to read more of your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're prioritizing your health and well-being-- and glad you've got a treatment plan that's helping. Thank you for being so open.I have anxiety and ADHD myself and I believe the more people who talk openly about mental health issues, the faster we can de-stigmatize them. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that! And I completely agree with you, that's part of the reason I shared my story. We need to make talking about mental health normal. And I wish you the best, too! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry- I don't know why this posted twice or why it won't let me delete the duplicate :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I've missed you.
    Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate that you were so open with us about your anxiety. I'm in the same boat, and I'm really hoping to start seeing a therapist soon, so it's encouraging to hear that you're feeling better mentally after getting help. Sending lots of hugs, prayers, and thoughts your way. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that! Talking to my doctor and getting put on medication really has helped me so much. I said a prayer for you, and am sending hugs and thoughts your way. I hope you feel better mentally soon. <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )