Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Keeper of the Lost Cities

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

In this riveting debut, a telepathic girl must figure out why she is the key to her brand-new world--before the wrong person finds the answer first.

Twelve-year-old Sophie has never quite fit into her life. She's skipped multiple grades and doesn't really connect with the older kids at school, but she's not comfortable with her family, either. And Sophie has a secret--she's a Telepath, someone who can read minds. But the day Sophie meets Fitz, a mysterious (and adorable) boy, she learns she's not alone. He's a Telepath too, and it turns out the reason she has never felt at home is that, well ... she isn't. Fitz opens Sophie's eyes to a shocking truth, and almost instantly she is forced to leave behind her family for a new life in a place that is vastly different from what she has ever known.

But Sophie still has secrets, and they're buried deep in her memory for good reason: The answers are dangerous and in high-demand. What is her true identity, and why was she hidden among humans? The truth could mean life or death--and time is running out
 -Summary from the authors website

My opinions:
 Plot: I've been in a reading slump and have had a hard time finishing books recently. But this book  kept me turning the pages quickly to find out what would happen in the story. I loved the world Shannon Messenger created and the people and animals that are in this world. I will say that certain parts had me starting to tear up a little especially when it had to do with Sophie's family, Even though I don't usually read books that make me cry. But I really liked this story.
  
Characters: I loved the characters in this book. Sophie is such a good character. A lot of main characters have annoyed me recently and made me want to yell at their decisions. Even when  Sophie did something that I did not necessarily agree with her doing it didn't bother me like a lot of books have because she either had a good reason for doing it or she made it right in the end. And I really liked the other characters Fitz, Biana, Keefe, Dex and others I know I'm forgetting because I'm horrible with names.

The Cover: I think this cover looks so cool and really catches your attention.

Overall: I loved this book and I think if you love fantasy you should really give it a try!

Jessica

I checked this book out from my local library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )