Monday, May 12, 2014

Ten Books I Almost Didn't Read But Did and Now I Love Them

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog


I'm not doing the topic that's lined up for this week (Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't) because I wasn't able to think of enough books. I know I have almost given up on a book to then go on and love it, but I just didn't remember what books. This week, instead of doing that list I decided to list Ten Books I Almost Didn't Read But Did and Now I Love Them. Either because I was told that I would love it (Even if I didn't think I would.), I ended up reading an amazing review for it, or something else, I almost didn't try these books but I eventually did and ended up loving them! :)

Ten Eight Books I Almost Didn't Read But Did and Now I Love Them




I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
I was just getting into YA books and I almost went right past this book when looking for books to try. I'm glad I ended up trying it, because this series and this author are my two of my favorites ever! :)


All-American Girl by Meg Cabot
I hadn't read any of this authors YA books, but Summer at Blue Sky Bookshelf told me to try this book and I'm glad I did! It was fun and I need to try another of this authors books eventually!


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Even though I love fairytales I just wasn't very interested in this book, but tried a sample of it when I was bored and liked it a lot! I ended up getting the book at the library and enjoyed it! :)


Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
The only reason I picked this book up was that I love the authors MG series and wanted to try another book from her. I didn't think that I would enjoy this book, but I was wrong! I love it! :)


Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
Just wasn't very interested in it, I ended up getting it at the library when it was in, and totally loved it! It's one of my favorite books now! :)


The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
A librarian recommended this book and I decided to try it, thinking it might be a good book to just try. I love this series now and I'm glad I tried this book! I don't think I would have tried it if they hadn't mentioned it! :)


Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Again, a librarian told me that I needed to try this book, even though I had very little interest in trying it. And again, I ended up loving it! I need to reread this book again! :)


The Madison Finn books by Laura Dower
If my Mom hadn't gotten me to try it, I probably would have just passed right over it and not even paid attention to it, and that would have been very sad indeed. This book is one of my favorite MG series ever! :)

What books are on your TTT? :)

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for Cinder. Hope this movie buzz is true!! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some good recommendations! I will admit that I was skeptical of Cinder when I first saw it, but now it is one of my favorites.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! Many of these I love too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost didn't read The Penderwicks either, but I'm glad I did, too! So charming. :) I bought the two sequels already but haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )