Friday, May 27, 2016

Yay for Middle Grade Books: Interview With Joanne Levy!



Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Middle Grade author Joanne Levy! Ms. Levy is the author of the MG book Small Medium at Large, and the upcoming Crushing It (January 2017!)! :)

Here's the interview! :)

The bold font are my questions to her, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.


1.      Would you please describe your next book, Crushing It (Releasing in December!), in five words?
a.       Crushes, angst, middle grade mayhem!

2.      I love the idea of this book! What was the inspiration for it?
a.       Um…you’ll have to ask my editor—she actually came to me with the idea and I wrote it. That said, I love how it turned out and the book really aligns with how I feel about being true to yourself and finding people who really get you.

3.      Random question! If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you most want to go?
a.       Bora Bora is totally on my bucket list!

Yes! :)

4.      If you're able to talk about it, are you working on any other MG books now?
a.       I do get superstitious discussing works-in-progress, but I am definitely working on a few somethings. One involves a robot and the other involves a parrot. That’s all I can say, but I’m really excited about both projects. People can check out my blog for future news. www.joannelevy.com

5.      What are some of your favorite Middle Grade books?
a.       SO MANY! From my own childhood, I have to say Anne of Green Gables, The Chronicles of Narnia (particularly The Horse and His Boy) and anything by Judy Blume. More current favorites include Jennifer Nielsen’s The False Prince, Lisa McMann’s The Unwanteds and Susin Nielsen’s We Are All Made of Molecules

I need to read The False Prince! :)

Thank you for participating in this event! :)


Author bio: Joanne Levy’s love of books began at a very early age. Being the youngest and the only female among four children, she was often left to her own devices and could frequently be found sitting in a quiet corner with her nose in a book. Now that she’s a grown up, Joanne is most often at her computer, channeling her younger self into the books she writes for kids who enjoy reading in quiet corners.
Joanne still lives in Ontario with her husband and kids of the furred and feathered variety. You can follow Joanne on Twitter or find her on Facebook.

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )