Monday, July 21, 2014

Review: Moonkind

Mini Review: Moonkind by Sarah Prineas


(Warning! There are spoilers in the summary for the first two books!)

Fer must save her realm from the Forsworn, a group destroying the land with their broken oaths, in Moonkind, the conclusion to award-winning author Sarah Prineas's fantasy-adventure series, which includesWinterlingSummerkin, and the short story ebook Thrice Sworn.

As the Lady of the Summerlands, Fer has vowed to serve her people without the deception of the glamorie and she had trusted other leaders to fulfill the same promise. But not all the Lords and Ladies want to keep their oaths, and they've unleashed the consequences of their betrayal onto the lands. Only Fer, with the help of the puck-boy Rook, can fight the stillness invading the lands. But can she trust Rook? And can she protect her people before it's too late?

Sarah Prineas combines a brave and resourceful young heroine with a richly detailed fantasy world and beloved folklore into a story that will delight middle-grade fans of Diana Wynne Jones, Ingrid Law, and Rick Riordan.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: I'm not able to write much in this review, being that it's the third and final book in the trilogy and I don't want to spoil it for you. But I wanted to write that if you read the first two and love them, then you need to read this final book! And if you haven't read the first two, why not?! These are wonderful books that are perfect for Fantasy fans and I think you all need to try them! :)

Characters: Fer is fabulous, and I love Rook! And everyone else in the book, too!

The cover: Love! And look, Rook is on the cover now, too!

Overall: I was hoping that there would be another book, or at least a short story afterwords to show what life is like for everyone now that... Well, everything that happened, happened! And when I finished reading it I tweeted that I love it, Fer, and Rook, the author responded with a tweet that made me happy! She wrote that she plans on writing a Fer/Rook short story for her website! I look forward to it! A wonderful ending to a wonderful trilogy! :)

I checked this book out from my library!

Authors website: http://sarah-prineas.com/
Age Range: Middle Grade
Series?:  Yep! Final book in the Winterling trilogy! :)
Publisher: Harpercollins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )