Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend

Review: Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Kaite Finn

Summer, boys, and friendships gone sour. This new series has everything that perfect beach reads are made of!

Gemma just got dumped and is devastated. She finds herself back in the Hamptons for the summer—which puts her at risk of bumping into Hallie, her former best friend that she wronged five years earlier. Do people hold grudges that long? 

When a small case of mistaken identity causes everyone, including Hallie and her dreamy brother Josh, to think she’s someone else, Gemma decides to go along with it.

Gemma's plan is working (she's finding it hard to resist Josh), but she's finding herself in embarrassing situations (how could a bathing suit fall apart like that!?). Is it coincidence or is someone trying to expose her true identity? And how will Josh react if he finds out who she is? 

Katie Finn hits all the right notes in this perfect beginning to a new summer series: A Broken Hearts & Revenge novel.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: I went into this book expecting a fun summer read that would be enjoyable, but I did not anticipate how much I would love it!  I laughed during it a lot! I think this would make a amazing movie!This book is fun, entertaining, and THAT ENDING! I guessed a little of it, but a lot was a total surprise and I love that! When I got to the last page I was going what just happened?! Not going to mention a lot for fear of spoiling you all, but I want the next book now!

Characters: Gemma is a fun and relatable protagonist that I enjoyed reading about! And Josh! Josh was adorable! And all of the characters were fun! Gemma's Dad, Sophie, Bruce, Rosie, Hallie, and everyone else were just perfect! I would love to read more about Ford and Gwyneth too!

The cover: Love! :)

Overall: If you want a totally amazing book for summer (or anytime at all) then I highly recommend this book! I haven't been finishing many books lately, and the ones I had been finishing were good, just not AMAZING, but this book got me out of that slump and I'm very happy about that! The ending of this book was amazing and I love it and I want the next book now! I know this review was a little incoherent, but I just think all of you need to try it!

I checked this book out from my library.


Would I recommend it?!
Yep! Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, entertaining book! :)


Authors Website: http://www.katiefinn.com/
Age Range: Young Adult
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )