Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: The Chaos of Stars

Review: The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.
-summary and cover from goodreads

Plot: I love the plot in this book! It was fun. I love that everything got wrapped up in this one! The ending surprised me a lot!

Characters: I really liked Isadora as the protagonist, she was interesting! I love Ry! He was so sweet and adorable! I guessed the secret about him about a third of the way in the book. It was perfect!  I thought her parents and family were interesting, even though they were pretty messed up.   I love that Isadora is an interior designer , it was a different hobby for a main character in a YA book, but a fun one! I liked her brother and his wife.

The cover: I LOVE IT! I mean, the color and the gold detailing on it! It's just really pretty! Again, I love it!

Overall: I really loved this book! It was fun to read and it was exactly what I needed. I had been having a hard time finishing books recently, but this book pulled me in and made me want to know what was going to happen next! I'm definitely going to try the authors other books now! I really recommend this book!

I checked this book out from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )