Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition



 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


 Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie this week so I decided my top ten this week would be  
  Top Ten  Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
  
Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition
 


 1 Deva Fagan 
I love Circus Galacticus and really liked her other books.But for some reason it seems that a lot of people have never heard of her books. Which is shame because they are really good.    











 









2 Jimmy Gownley   
Amelia Rules! is one of the greatest graphic novel series I've ever read. It's funny and it has it's more serious moments too and it's great for all ages..




















3 Ally Carter



Ally Carter is one of my absolute favorite authors and I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You is one of the first YA books I ever read. Her Heist books are really good too.

 


















4 Mark Crilley
Miki Falls is another of my favorite graphic novel series and one I've reread a lot.
I love Mark Crilley's art in these books. 
 




















5 Stephanie Burgis
The Kat series is one of my favorite. If you love MG books then you really need to read this series. Don't you just love this cover?
  





















6 Jeanne Birdsall
I didn't think I would like The Penderwicks when I got the first book in the series. But it is one of my favorites now. I love Jeanne Birdsall's writing.

   




















7 Janette Rallison
 Janette Rallison's My Fair Godmother series makes me laugh so much. She is one of the hilarious authors.



8 Miku Sakamoto
I love the first two volumes in Miku Sakamoto's manga series Stolen Hearts and find it really sad that there out of print in the US now. I wish the final volumes would release in the US. It seems like almost no one has read it over here. But that series is so fun.







 
 












9 Helen Dunmore
Ingo is a really good take on mermaid stories. I love the other books in that series by Helen Dunmore.




 
 















10 Laura Dower
Laura Dower's Madison Finn series was one of my favorite when I was younger and I still like to go back and reread parts of the series.

 



















I really recommend all of these books! Have you read any of them?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Gallagher Girls! One of my favorite contemporary series! And I really need to read Stephanie Burgis soon! She has been on my list for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooooooooooooo with you on Janette Rallison. She is an amazing cool clean creative writer. I love her work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )