Monday, June 9, 2014

Mini Reread Review: Artemis Fowl

Review: Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer

The image on the left is the first one I read, the image on the right is the one I read this time.
Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius—and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even Artemis doesn't know what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories—they're dangerous! Full of unexpected twists and turns, Artemis Fowl is a riveting, magical adventure.
-summary and cover via Goodreads

Mini reread review: I first read Artemis Fowl a few years ago, I don't totally remember when. All of the books weren't released yet, but I think the first... five were? Maybe a little less than that? I almost passed right over them, because I didn't think I would enjoy them. They sounded a bit too actiony to me, and at the time I wasn't into that kind of  book. But a librarian (Glad I listened to them!) recommend them to me, and I figured I might as well try them. I loved the first book and went back for the rest of them and eagerly anticipated the next after them! I have to admit that the last two books in the series I didn't love, I ended up not reading them. But the first few remained favorites! Then I thought about them about a month ago, and thought about how much I loved them then, and figured that it might be fun to reread them again! (And maybe try to read the last two!) These books were favorites when I was younger and I'm happy to write that I love the first book a lot this read! I have to admit that I had forgotten how... gross? the books were able to get. (Apparently I'm more easily nauseated now.) But I love the book! And Holly is still awesome! :) I'm going to get the second book from the library and reread it now too! :)

Have you read these books? Do you love them? Did you read the last two? 

I checked this book out from my library!

Age Range: Middle Grade
Series?: Yes, this is the first book in a eight book series! :)

1 comment:

  1. These books are great! Holly is quite amazing :P Yeah, the Time Paradox was not that great, and Colfer started some stuff he didn't carry on with. But still, they weren't terrible :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )