Monday, October 13, 2014

Mini Reviews: The Horse From the Sea & Heart of Fire

Because both of these books are by the same author, and because I don't have a lot to write about either of them, I thought it would be good to do a mini review post with both of them.


Review: The Horse From the Sea by Victoria Holmes

Mini Review: This was the first book I had read by this author, and after reading it I immediately looked for more books by her! This was a pleasantly surprising historical that enjoyed a lot! It's hard to believe that I had never heard of it before now, and that more people haven't read it! And it was very interesting to read a book in that time period, and set where it was! The only thing I had a little trouble with was the ending, which I felt ended a bit too... Maybe open-ended, is the word? Not that it was bad, I just would have liked a little bit more detail than was given, but I enjoyed it, despite that! And I think if you like historical books, I think this would be a good book for you to try! :)


Review: Heart of Fire by Victoria Holmes

Mini Review: It's been awhile since I finished this book, but I still wanted to write a review for it. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first I read by her, but it was still enjoyable!  The main-character was interesting, the mystery had me intrigued, and I kept wanting to go back to the book to find out what would happen next! Though, the main character made some slightly stupid decisions, and even though you understood why she made them, you still thought they were stupid and you knew that they were going to backfire on her majorly. I'm also realizing that this author likes open-endings, which isn't a bad thing, I just thought I might mention that. But one more thing! Don't read the summary of this book, because the summary gives away a major plot point that doesn't happen until about half-way through the book. Because of that, I kept expecting that thing to happen, and was surprised when it took half the book to get to it. But overall this was an enjoyable enough read that kept me turning the pages just to find out what would happen in the end!

I checked both of these books out from my library.

Have you read these books? Did you like them? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )