Sunday, December 26, 2021

My Favorite Books of 2021!

Hi, everyone! It's that time of year, the time where I (and basically everyone else in the blogging world) post my favorite books of the year! Now, not every book I liked will be on this post, because I really wanted to just highlight my absolute favorites here. I easily could have made each category full of even more books, but I wanted to try and keep each category shorter, so I kept going back and culling books from each one until I couldn't (seriously, I agonized over each choice, and it hurt to erase some, but I didn't want to list 20 books per category) get rid of any more. I also listed only one book per author. And overall, I'm really happy with my picks! Each category I kept to just five books (except one), and when I look at these books, I feel so much love for them.

Here we go!

Number of Books Read: 273

This was the year I finally gave myself permission to skim read books that while perfectly fine, just weren't working for me in the moment (the books were fine! It was most likely me!), which is the reason the number is so high. I can't tell you how much of a relief this was for me, to be able to let myself admit a book wasn't working for me, and allow myself to skim read it and still count it read. I used to just quit reading it, and never count it read, which while also fine, always made me feel a little... I don't even know how to explain it, but it was frustrating, especially if I had already invested a lot of time in the book before I decided to DNF. I'm also a big believer that just because a book didn't work for me, doesn't mean you won't like it, and same in reverse!

Listed in no particular order.

Picture Books:








Middle Grade:








YA:








Adult:

(This was the one category I just couldn't narrow down to five, no matter how hard I tried. I could not post this without including all eight of these books!)









What books were your favorite of the year? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )