Monday, September 26, 2022

Review: Gone for Gouda!

 Review: Gone for Gouda (Cheese Shop Mystery #2) by Korina Moss

Things are going from gouda to bad to ugly for cheesemonger Willa Bauer in Gone for Gouda.

Yarrow Glen’s newest cheese shop, Curds & Whey, has a lot on its plate, but cheesemonger Willa Bauer relishes a challenge. There’s a float to build for the fall festival, plus the French-inspired cheese shop is playing host to celebrity vegan chef Phoebe Winston. But when photos surface that prove this vegan influencer is, in fact, a carnivore, things crumble faster than any cheese on the market: Phoebe is murdered. Willa’s employee, the affable Archie, was the last one to see Phoebe alive and the first person the police suspect. To clear his name Willa must uncover who’s been up to no gouda...

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: When I read the first book in this series, Cheddar Off Dead, I knew I had found a new series to add to my favorites list. I loved it, so I went into this book with high expectations, and I am happy to write it did not disappoint! This was just as good as the first book, and I loved getting to see more of Yarrow Glen, and the characters that call it home. The mystery was really well written. I managed to guess who the culprit was (it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of a book when I do, because part of the fun for me is trying to figure it out, and when I do, I'm happy!), but not the why, and I thought it all came together really nicely.

Characters: I think Willa is a great main character, and I really enjoyed reading another book about her solving a mystery! The supporting characters are all wonderful. And I thought the suspects were all well written.

The Cover: I really like it! I think the covers for this series are really good.

Overall: I was so excited when I was approved for an e-ARC of this book, because I loved the first one so much. I immediately began it that night, and it did not disappoint  my high expectations! This is a cozy mystery series that I highly recommend!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )