Monday, March 27, 2023

Review: Curds of Prey!

Review: Curds of Prey (A Cheese Shop Mystery) by Korina Moss


In Korina Moss's Curds of Prey, murder again comes to Yarrow Glen, and cheesemonger Willa Bauer must be the predator… before she becomes the prey.

Yarrow Glen's favorite cheese shop, Curds & Whey, gets to be a part of the social event of the season: Summer Harrington’s wedding. Cheesemonger Willa Bauer is going all out for the wedding shower’s cheese bar. But the eagle-eyed Harrington family is proving to be a pain in her asiago. A last-minute tasting ends in disaster when one of Willa’s potential beaus, Roman, gets in a fight with the groom. Then the shower arrives, and while there’s anything but love in the air, there is plenty of cheese. Oh, and Roman... again. The day officially ends in disaster when Willa finds the groom—who also happens to be the mayor’s nephew—in the stable, dead as a dodo. At the mayor’s request, Willa must follow the trail of cheese curds to find a killer while continuing to walk a tightrope between two of Sonoma Valley’s most powerful families.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: This was another fantastic Cheese Shop Mystery! The mystery was really well written. I also loved the elements not related to the mystery, regarding Willa's personal life. (I have a ship, I think it will sail!) There was a moment towards the end (no spoilers, but not related to the main mystery) that genuinely surprised me, and I did not see it coming at all.

Characters: As always, Willa was a wonderful main character! And I love the other characters in the book, her friends are particularly great.

The Cover: I really like it!

Overall: I loved being back in Yarrow Glen with Willa and the residents of the town! This series is one of my favorites, and this newest installment did not disappoint. And the food! The recipes mentioned throughout all sounded amazing. Overall, I highly recommend reading it!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )