Monday, July 16, 2018

Interview With Tiffany Brownlee!


Today I am happy to present an interview with Tiffany Brownlee! Ms. Brownlee's debut YA book, Wrong in All the Right Ways, releases tomorrow! Now here's the interview! :)


The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.



1. Would you please describe your book, Wrong in All the Right Ways, in seven words?

A swoon-worthy account of forbidden first loves. 
That's seven words, right? Right?? 
No...?
Hmm. Well, we're going to pretend that swoon-worthy is one word, so yeah...that's seven words :) 


2. What was the hardest part of writing your book? And what was the easiest part?

The hardest part of writing my book was going through the the revision/editing phase. You don't realize how many grammatical errors and inconsistency errors you have until you actually sit down and read every single word aloud. It was insane how many mistakes I had! But I learned so much about my craft during that process, and it made my book so much better, so I wouldn't trade those difficult days for anything in the world. The easiest part, believe it or not, was writing the first draft. I wrote it in 20 days. I know...TWENTY DAYS! Some days, when I look back on it, I'm not even sure how I did it while working a day job. Anyway, I'm amazed at how much of the original draft actually made the final cut. I thought most of it would change in the revision stage, but that wasn't the case. I mean, obviously some things changed, but it wasn't nearly as much as I imagined it would be.


3. Random question! What's your favorite Disney movie?

That's so hard! I love all-things Disney, but I'm gonna have to go with a more recent movie and choose Tangled. I LOVE Rapunzel and I totally have a crush on Flynn Rider (haha!) And don't even get me started on the floating lanterns scene. It makes me tear up every time. It's absolutely beautiful!

I love Tangled, too! :)


4. If you're able to talk about it, what are you working on now?

I can't say much, but right now, I'm working on a contemporary romance novel that touches on the subject of teenage homelessness. I know...it's not much to go on, but the details have to be kept hush-hush until further notice, so that's all I can say at the moment.


5. What are some books you've read recently and enjoyed? And what are some upcoming books you're looking forward to reading?

There are sooo many amazing books that I've read recently, but lately, I've been absolutely obsessed with Rachel Lynn Solomon's YOU'LL MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE and Farrah Penn's TWELVE STEPS TO NORMAL. These books are amazing, and I cannot stop raving about them! As for books I'm looking forward to reading, I am waiting very patiently for HEART OF THORNS by Bree Barton (out July 31st) and HERETICS ANONYMOUS by Katie Henry (out August 7th). I've heard so many great things about these two books, and I cant wait to dive into them!

Thank you so much to Ms. Brownlee for letting me interview her! :)


Author bioTiffany Brownlee is a graduate from Xavier University of Louisiana working as a middle-school English teacher in the New Orleans area. She has been writing stories since childhood and won her first creative writing award in second grade. Tiffany originally conceived of this novel as she was re-reading Emily Brontë's Wuthering HeightsWrong in All the Right Ways marks her debut. 

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )