Monday, July 30, 2018

#LibrariesAreAwesomeAug18


Hi, everyone! I've been trying to use Instagram more often, but I will admit recently I've slowed down on using it. But the last time I created a challenge to make me use it, it worked. So I thought I would make another one! This one is going to be centered around the library! The library means a lot to me, because without it, I wouldn't be the reader I am. I've had a library card since the moment I was old enough to have my own, and before that, I used my Mom's card to get books. I would never be able to read as many books as I have without it, because I would never be able to afford them all. About 90% of the books I read I get from the library! And that's not even mentioning the other ways I use the library!

I truly don't understand people who say libraries aren't relevant anymore. Just because the person who says that doesn't use the library, doesn't mean there aren't countless people who do. It's frustrating to me when people say ignorant things like that. Libraries offer so many worthwhile things to people, and I'm not even talking just about books! Libraries matter. And the idea of people trying to take that away frustrates me so much.

So this isn't much, but to show my support for libraries (Besides going all the time. Seriously, I go at least twice a week, sometimes more.) I thought I would challenge myself and anyone who wants to join in to instagram photos of books you've gotten from the library. From August 1st through August 31st, I'll be posting photos of books I've read and books on my TBR list, that I've gotten from the library! Feel free to join in, if you want! Post everyday, or just once, it doesn't matter. This is just a fun challenge I thought I would do for myself, and if other people want to join in, that's great! I'll be using the #LibrariesAreAwesomeAug18 if anyone wants to participate. I also highly encourage you to try and visit your library, if you don't already use it. Check out something, use the computer, go to a program the library is hosting, just try and support them, if you're able. 

I'm looking forward to posting these photos next month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )