Monday, January 21, 2019

Interview With Laura Taylor Namey!


Today I'm happy to present an interview with Laura Taylor Namey! Ms. Namey is the author of the YA book, The Library of Lost Things, which releases October 8th.

Here's the interview!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

1. Would you please describe your debut book, The Library of Lost Things, in seven words?

Books. Teen pilot. Peter Pan. Family secrets.

2. Did you always want to be a YA author?

I used to teach school, and there was always a huge part of me who wanted to write books similar to the ones I was using so often in my classroom. Everything clicked with YA. I love tapping into my own experiences as a teen, using my own teens as guides (and often beta readers,) and the focus on coming of age themes using smart storytelling.

3. Random Question! What's your favorite word?

I have always loved the word––midnight. The way it sounds. The way it makes me think of fairy tales and dreams and and starry night skies.

I like your answer! :)

4. What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Read as much as you can in the genre you’d love to write in to get a sense of storytelling, tools and tricks authors in that genre are employing, and how they utilize their sense of voice to tie everything together. Then write, write, write as much as you can to develop your own voice. Then, repeat.

Great advice! :)

5. What are some books you're looking forward to reading in 2019? And if you've already read some '19 books, do you want to mention them?

I am looking forward to all of the #Novel19s debut group books. I am pre-ordering as fast as my wallet allows. Also, I can’t wait for Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon, and anything and everything by Kit Frick, Stephanie Garber, Laura Weymouth, and Kelly DeVos

There's going to be a lot of amazing books this year! :)

Thank you to Ms. Namey for letting me interview her and participating in this event! :)


Author bio: A Cuban-American Californian, Laura can be found drooling over leather jackets, haunting her favorite coffee shops, and wishing she was in London or Paris.

This former teacher writes young adult novels about quirky teens learning to navigate life and love. Her debut, THE LIBRARY OF LOST THINGS will be published 10/08/19 from Inkyard Press/HarperCollins.

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )