Sunday, January 27, 2019

Interview With Natalie Williamson!



Today I'm happy to present an interview with Natalie Williamson! Ms. Williamson is the the author of the YA book, Rules We're Meant to Break, which releases June 11th.

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

1. Would you please describe your debut book, Rules We're Meant to Break, in seven words?
Blended families, forever friends, and swoony kisses

2. Have you always wanted to write YA books?
Yes! I read mostly YA (and romance) so when I started writing there was no question about where I wanted to end up. 
 
3. Random Question! What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas! It's so magical, and I love getting to spend extra time with family. And also getting extra time at home to curl up with a good book.

I love Christmas, too! :)

4. What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Read! Read in the age category and genre you want to write, and read outside it, too. Whenever I hit a writing slump, it helps me so much to read a new book I've been looking forward to, or an old favorite that I love. 

Good advice! :)

5. What are some books you're looking forward to reading in 2019? And if you've already read some '19 books, do you want to mention them?
I loooooved The Birds, the Bees, and You and Me by Olivia Hinebaugh. And I'm looking forward to:
Match Me if You Can by Tiana Smith
How the Light Gets In by Katy Upperman
Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
Gravemaidens by Kelly Coon
You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn
When the Truth Unravels by RuthAnne Snow
Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford
I could keep going, but it'd be a long list!

I'm really looking forward to reading a lot of the books you mentioned here! :)

Thank you to Ms. Williamson for participating in this event and for letting me interview her! :)


Author bio: Natalie Williamson is an HR person by day and a YA writer by night and nap time. She referenced Harry Potter in her first ever full time job interview, which tells you almost all the things you need to know about her. Other important things to know include: she loves her husband, daughter, dogs, and cat; she has a serious dessert problem; and she frequently Wikipedias movies and TV shows to find out if they have happy endings. RULES WE’RE MEANT TO BREAK is her debut novel.

Here are a few links:


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )