Saturday, February 1, 2020

Review: Rating Your Bunkmates and Other Camp Crimes


Twelve-year-old Abigail Hensley is a socially awkward aspiring anthropologist who has always had trouble connecting with her peers. Abigail is hopeful that a week at sleepaway camp is the answer to finally making a friend. After all, her extensive research shows that summer camp is the best place to make lifelong connections. Using her tried-and-true research methods, Abigail begins to study her cabinmates for friendship potential. But just when it seems that she is off to a good start, her bunkmate's phone gets stolen, and Abigail is the main suspect. Can she clear her name, find the real culprit, and make a friend before the week is done?
-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: This was a fun Middle Grade book! There was a mystery in the book, which was fun. I liked how each chapter began with pages from Abigail's field notes journal.

Characters: They were good! All of the girls had distinct personalities. And I liked reading about Abigail and her quest to find a friend.

The Cover: It's cute! When I was that age, that cover would definitely had made me pick up the book!

Overall: This was a cute MG book! I liked that friendship was the main focus of it. And I liked how there was a mystery in it! If this book sounds interesting to you, I definitely recommend trying it! :)

I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )