Wednesday, December 30, 2020

2020 End of Year Survey!


 Hi, everyone! Today I'm posting my answers to the 2020 End of Year Survey created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner! I love filling this out every year, and thank you to Jamie for creating and hosting it!

Here we go!

**2020 READING STATS**

Number Of Books You Read: 90 (Not counting rereads.)

Number of Re-Reads: Around 10?

Genre You Read The Most From: Probably Contemporary?

Best in Books:

1. Best Book You Read In 2020?

There is no way I can list just one, so I'm breaking it down by Picture Book, Middle Grade, YA, Adult, and Graphic Novels! But to keep this to truly my most favorite, I'm only listing five per category, which was hard, but I did it!

Picture Books: Coral by Molly Idle, Follow Me, Flo! by Jarvis, Gross as a Snot Otter (The World of Weird Animals) by Jess Keating, illustrated by David DeGrand, Dewdrop by Katie O'Neill, You're Worth Melting for by Megan Roth.

Middle Grade: Premeditated Myrtle (Myrtle Hardcastle Mysteries #1) by Elizabeth C. Bunce, Nikki Tesla and the Fellowship of the Bling (Elements of Genius #2) by Jess Keating, illustrated by Lissy Marlin, The Stitchers (Fright Watch #1) by Lorien Lawrence, The Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter by Diane Magras, Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike Mystery #9) by Robin Stevens.

YA: Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao, I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn, The Unstoppable Wasp: Built On Hope by Sam Maggs, Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm, Moment of Truth by Kasie West.

Adult: You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle, Not the Duke’s Darling (Greycourt #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt, Love Your Life by Sophie Kinsella, Death in the Stacks (Library Lover's Mystery #8) by Jenn McKinlay, Ten Rules for Faking It by Sophie Sullivan.

Graphic Novels: In Love & Pajamas: A Collection of Comics about Being Yourself Together by Catana Chetwynd, Bunbun & Bonbon: Fancy Friends (Bunbun & Bonbon #1) by Jess Keating, Shadow of the Batgirl by Sarah Kuhn, illustrated by Nicole Goux, Love Me, Love Me Not, Vol. 1 by Io Sakisaka, The Runaway Princess by Johan Troïanowski.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

I don't really wanna answer this one...

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

I wasn't sure what book to answer this question with, but I'm going to go with The Runaway Princess by Johan Troïanowski. I thought it looked fun, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did! It also surprised me with how the story was told!

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Hmm, maybe Premeditated Myrtle or You Deserve Each Other?

5. Best series you started in 2020? Best Sequel? Best Series Ender of 2020?

Best Series Starter: Not the Duke’s Darling (Greycourt #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt

Best Sequel: Nikki Tesla and the Fellowship of the Bling (Elements of Genius #2) by Jess Keating, illustrated by Lissy Marlin

Best Series Ender: Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike Mystery #9) by Robin Stevens 

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2020?

Elizabeth Hoyt!

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I didn't read too much outside of my comfort zone this year, but I will say that I rarely read scary reads, but I loved The Stitchers!

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

The Unstoppable Wasp: Built on Hope!

9. Book You Read In 2020 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I don't reread much anymore, but I think You Deserve Each Other will get reread next year!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2020?

Ooh, this is hard! But I really like the cover of Love Your Life!

11. Most memorable character of 2020?

Naomi and Nicholas from You Deserve Each Other!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2020?

I'm never good at answering this question...

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2020?

Again, another I always have a hard time answering...

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2020 to finally read? 

Prince in Disguise! Stephanie Kate Strohm is one of my favorite authors, and I can't believe it took me this long to read this book!

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2020?

I didn't keep track of quotes again this year...

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2020?

According to Goodreads,

Shortest: Follow Me Flo, 32 pages.

Longest: Happy Girl Lucky, 480

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Death Sets Sail!

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

Chloe and Drew from Rent a Boyfriend!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

I love the friendship in the Murder Most Unladylike series!

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2020 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

There are so many! I can't pick just one!

21. Best Book You Read In 2020 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:

I know there was one this year, but I can't remember...

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2020?

Chris from Ten Rules for Faking It!

23. Best 2020 debut you read?

Again, too many to list just one!

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Murder Most Unladylike is Historical fiction, but I think the author created a really well thought out world for all the characters!

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

You Deserve Each Other! I laughed so much while reading it!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2020?

Death Sets Sail, partly because of events in the story, and partly because of it being the last book in the series!

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

I'm going to go with two picture books I read! Follow Me, Flo!, and Dewdrop were adorable, but I hardly heard anyone talk about them!

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

I don't know what book to put here...

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2020?

The Runaway Princess was really unique!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

I don't know??

Your Blogging/Booksih Life:

1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2020?

I did not discover any new blogs this year, again, I really need to work on that next year.

2. Favorite post you wrote in 2020?

I'm really happy with my review of The Unstoppable Wasp: Built On Hope! And of course I loved hosting the 2020 Debut Author Interviews and Yay For Middle Grade Books! 2020 events again this year!

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2020?

I can't get the photo to work here, but my Christmas Book Tree I posted on Instagram! It took me a little while to build it, but I loved it! 

4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events,  etc.)?

Top Ten Tuesday is always fun!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2020?

I have three off the top of my head! First, getting to talk to so many awesome authors, bloggers, and other readers. Second, getting sent e-ARCs to read that I didn't request. And three, being told by some people that they read books because of my writing about them. (Which is the best compliment to get!)

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Getting the motivation to read. 2020 was awful, and I often didn't feel like picking up a book (or really doing anything), but I've been feeling more like reading recently, so I hope I get more books read in 2021!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

Let me go look... According to Blogger, it was my Interview with Rebecca McLaughlin!

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I'm happy with the love my posts got this year!

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

I don't know??

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Yes! I always set a goal of 25 books for myself, and I exceeded it!

Looking Ahead:

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2020 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2021?

*laughs* There are waaayy too many to list here. I put off reading a lot of books this year, including some highly anticipated ones, because of anxiety and lack of motivation to read (as mentioned before), so I have plenty of books I hope to get to in 2021!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2021 (non-debut)?

There are sooo many! (Look for my post January 1st listing them all!), but I'm really, really looking forward to Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle!

3. 2021 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Again, waaaayy too many to list here!

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2021?

Again, way too many to list here! :)

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2021?

I have a resolutions post going up with some goals on it, but for now I will say I would like to reach 500 followers on Instagram (I don't know if it's possible, but it's good to dream!).

6. A 2021 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):

I thought In Love & Pajamas was awesome!

That's it! There's my end of year survey filled out. Thank you to Jamie for posting it again! What were your favorite books of 2020? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )