Monday, December 11, 2017

Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog


Ahh, I didn't exactly list ten in this post. I may have exceeded that number. Just a little. And by a little, I mean, a lot. But there were so many good books this year! I read so many amazing books that I had to list more than ten! :)

And there are seriously so many books I wanted to read this year, that I never got to. There are some that I feel bad about not reading, because I really wanted to. I will read them! Eventually!

Okay! Here we go! Listed in order of Picture Book, Middle Grade, YA, Adult, Graphic Novel, and Non-Fiction! If I read more than one book in a series this year, only one is listed.

Oh! And for more info about my reading year, I will be posting my answers to the End of Year Survey soon. And by soon, I mean whenever I finish answering all the questions, which I am trying to get done by the end of December. :)

Now, seriously, here we go! :)


Top Ten Sixty-Five Favorite Books of 2017

Picture Books:

My Mom and I read Picture Books together, and she helped me narrow down what ones to list here. Because if I listed every Picture Book we enjoyed this year, it would be waaay too long to list them all here! :)


My Mom told me this was her favorite Picture Book we read this year, and I enjoyed it a lot, too!


I really loved the illustrations in this one, and the story, too!


We read all the Mother Bruce books this year, and they are all now favorites! Very funny!


I love Star Wars and I love books that rhyme!


It's BB-8!


This is really fun to read aloud!


I love the Cars movies, and this was a really good Picture Book!


We love Mr. Panda!


Very funny!


This was a really fun remake of the song! Love!


We read this for the first time this year and really liked it!


Fun!

Middle Grade:


The last book in one of my all time favorite series! I'm sad it's over, but I really enjoyed this book!


I love the Keeper of the Lost Cities series and look forward to every book! An all time favorite series!


This was really interesting and different! I enjoyed it!


I liked the characters and where the book takes place!


This was neat!


I enjoyed it!


The idea of this was fun, and the book was as well!


Interesting and enjoyable!


I love the Nancy Drew books! I read more than one this year, but this was the one I decided to list in the post!


Anything with Jack Frost in it gets my attention! And this was good!


These are delightful books!


M!X books are really fun!


I read the other three books in the series as well, and I really enjoyed them! Perfect for summer!


I read the Lightning McQueen origin, too, and they were fun looks into the pasts of characters from the movies!


This was a fun book of what Ariel was like when she was a kid!


It's Frozen! Love!


This was really enjoyable!


Fun!


This was a fun read for Christmas! And I love books that are inspired by The Nutcracker ballet!


I liked reading about Stef, her family, and their food truck!


This is my favorite of the three Once Upon a Twist books I read this year!


Another good M!X book!

YA:


I really liked this one a lot! And Seth is now my favorite of the love interests in her books!


LOVE! It made me laugh a lot! (And I've already reread it!)


This was a fun companion to It's Not Me, It's You! It was fun to read about Angelica, and get appearances by Avery and Hutch! It had me laughing, too!


 I enjoyed reading this book!


This was a really good trilogy! I binge read it this summer, and I really enjoyed reading it!


This was fun!


Another good book by Jen Malone!


Fun!

Adult:


I loved this book, and the companion novella was good, too!


A good WWII novel! (With a nice romance in it!)


My Mom got me to read this, and I really enjoyed it!


In my top three Debbie Macomber Christmas books!


Good!


 Another top Debbie Macomber Christmas book! (The other book in the top three would be Dashing Through the Snow, but I didn't read that one this year.)


I enjoyed this historical mystery and it's sequel a lot!

Graphic Novels:


I read a lot of My Little Pony Graphic Novels this year, but this was one of my favorites!


I'm really enjoying the new Archie series a lot! Volumes 3 and 4 were really good, too!


This was fun!


This was really good!


It's Frozen! Fun!


I'm really enjoying this trilogy, and I'm looking forward to the third and final book a lot!


The first book Compass South was really good, and I enjoyed this sequel to it!


I think if you like the My Little Pony GN's, then you would like this, too! It's fun!


These are interesting and enjoyable!

Non-Fiction:


I really enjoyed reading this book, and reading parts of it aloud to my Mom!


I love sandwiches, to the point where I would eat them every day! This was a fun book that gave me ideas for new ones to make!


My Mom and I both enjoyed looking at the pictures in this book!


The Weird But True! books are fun, and it was neat to read a Christmas edition!


My Mom and I love Pink is for Blobfish, and we really enjoyed reading this book, too! 


My Mom and I really liked learning about Eugenie Clark, and the illustrations were very bright and fun!


This was a really interesting book that I'm happy I read!

Told ya I went way past ten! This took me forever to put together! :)

What are your favorite books of 2017? :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a list. No wonder it took you so long to put together. I'm glad that you've had such a successful reading year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Archie art unlike any I've seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Lucky in Love too! And Archie's art is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list is awesome! Such fun making it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! The children's books look like a lot of fun. I'll have to check those out and read them to my kids. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This list makes me so happy. So many great picture books and chapter books. The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors is a class favorite! I am going to check out the Stef Soto Taco Queen, I think a few of my students would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited to read Nutcracked, so I'm glad to hear you liked it. Hopefully one of my libraries will acquire it soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )