Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Review: Merry and Bright

Review: Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber

Merry Knight is pretty busy these days. She's taking care of her family, baking cookies, decorating for the holidays, and hoping to stay out of the crosshairs of her stressed and by-the-book boss at the consulting firm where she temps. Her own social life is the last thing she has in mind, much less a man. Without her knowledge, Merry's well-meaning mom and brother create an online dating profile for her--minus her photo--and the matches start rolling in. Initially, Merry is incredulous, but she reluctantly decides to give it a whirl.

Soon Merry finds herself chatting with a charming stranger, a man with similar interests and an unmistakably kind soul. Their online exchanges become the brightest part of her day. But meeting face-to-face is altogether different, and her special friend is the last person Merry expects--or desires. Still, sometimes hearts can see what our eyes cannot. In this satisfying seasonal tale, unanticipated love is only a click away.
-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: The plot was really fun!

Characters: I really liked reading about Merry, and her family! And even though I didn't love Jayson in the beginning, I liked him much more by the end of the book!

The cover: It's very pretty!

Overall: I started reading Debbie Macomber's Christmas books two years ago, because my Mom loves them and recommended them to me! Now we read them together when they release. They're really fun, and perfect to read around Christmas! I need to go back and read some of her older Christmas books next. I'm thinking Trading Christmas (Which is my Mom's favorite!) and The Perfect Christmas to begin with! If you're looking for a fun Christmas book, definitely try this one! :)

I checked this book out from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )