Friday, January 24, 2020

Interview With Lorien Lawrence, author of The Fright Watch #1: The Stitchers!


Today is the last day of interviews! Tomorrow I'll be posting the wrap up post! But for today, I am happy to present an interview with Lorien Lawrence, author of The Fright Watch #1: The Stitchers, which releases this year!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please describe your book, THE STITCHERS, in seven words?
Spooky, suspenseful, heartfelt, authentic, funny, sweet, atmospheric.  

THE STITCHERS is the first book in a series. What was the inspiration for this series?
I had just moved back to my hometown, which happens to have a lot of spooky New England folklore. One night my husband and I were walking our dogs around this pond. We had just had a hurricane and the area looked extra ominous with all of the broken branches everywhere. I immediately needed to write about it!

Random Question! What’s your favorite candy?
I've recently gotten into watermelon Sour Patch, but I also love Haribo gummy bears.

Haribo gummy bears are really good! :)

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
KEEP GOING! You're going to get a lot of rejections. The important thing is to think of this process as a craft that takes time and practice - there is no quick fix or race to the finish line. Publishing is slow. Along the way, try to learn from each rejection and make your writing better. 

Excellent advice! :)

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2020? And if you’ve already read some ‘20 books, would you like to mention them?
SO many good ones are coming out in 2020! I have read and loved Janae Marks' FROM THE DESK OF ZOE WASHINGTON, Shannon Doleski's MARY UNDERWATER, and Tanya Guerrero's HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE SEA. Seriously, though, there are so many great ones. If you check out https://roaring20sdebut.com/ you will see tons of great books debuting soon! 

There are a lot of good books releasing this year! :)

Thank you to Lorien Lawrence for participating in this event, and for letting me interview her! :)


Author bio: Lorien Lawrence graduated with creative writing degrees from Wheaton College and Bath Spa University in England. After college, she lived abroad in the UK for a few years, before returning stateside and becoming a middle school English teacher. On weekends you can often find her exploring New England haunts with her family, gathering more inspiration for her novels.

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )