Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag: 2024 Edition!

Hi, everyone! I know I haven't blogged in awhile. I talked a little bit about why on social media, but long story short, my health has not been great, and my computer no longer works, so I have to use my kindle fire tablet to blog, which has taken time to get used to working with. But I miss blogging! I've had plans to return for awhile, and I decided why not with the Mid Year Tag? 

And yes, I realize that this is going up the last day of July, which is technically past the mid year mark, but I'm posting it anyway. :P

Best book you’ve read so far in 2024?


I thought a lot about what book to put for this answer, and I decided to go with FATAL FIRST EDITION by Jenn McKinlay, the 14th book in the Library Lover's series. I read this book with my Mom (this is her favorite series), and I loved discussing it with her while we read! Also, it was another fantastic book featuring Lindsey, Sully, and their friends. And part of the book takes place on a train? I want more books, particularly mysteries, to feature trains! The vibes are perfect.




Best sequel you've read so far in 2024?


The 14th Library Lover's mystery, see above! :)


New release you haven't read yet, but want to?

There are many, many books I could list here, but I really want to read THE LOVE REMEDY by Elizabeth Everett, and


Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?

Is it too much if I say the next Library Lover's book, A MERRY LITTLE MURDER PLOT? :)


Biggest disappointment?

I don't want to answer this question...

Biggest surprise?

I'm going to go with a Picture Book for this one, and say A BEAR, A BEE, AND A HONEY TREE by Daniel Bernstrom and Brandon James Scott. I went into this with no expectations, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it! This was a delightful PB, that told an adorable story about a bear, with very few words. I highly recommend it!


Favorite new author (debut or new to you)?

Ravena Guron! I read an e-ARC of THIS BOOK KILLS from the publisher (Look for my review in September!), and loved it! I really look forward to reading more by this author.


Newest fictional crush?

I really loved Max from HAPPILY NEVER AFTER by Lynn Painter!

Newest favorite character?


Sophie and Max from HAPPILY NEVER AFTER were both great!

Book that made you cry?

I know there have been multiple books this year, but I don't remember which ones at the moment...


Book that made you happy?

All the ones I've mentioned here!


Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)?

I haven't bought many physical books this year, so I don't know what to put here? *ponders*

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

ALL OF THEM. But honestly, I have so many I want/need to read!



What books have been your favorite (so far) in 2024? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )