Saturday, July 18, 2020

Yay For Middle Grade Books! Interview With Julie Abe!



Hi, everyone! Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Julie Abe, the author of Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch.

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please tell us a little about Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch?
Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch is a middle grade fantasy about the story of a girl with a pinch of magic who must pass her witch's test or she'll lose her powers forever.

(Also - if you order from a participating indie bookstore, you’ll also get a really cute gift! More info coming soon!)

What was the inspiration for the book?
I wrote EVA EVERGREEN at a time in my writing journey where I felt like I was “good enough”, no matter how much I wrote. It felt fitting to write about a character who loves magic, but isn’t very good at it, and no one particularly believes in her skills. But Eva’s full of pluck, so she’s determined to prove that even though she’s semi-magical, she can pass her witch’s test! And for my writing journey, it turned out the hours and hours of writing practice and 10+ manuscripts I worked on did result in EVA! 

Random Question! Do you listen to music while you write?
It depends on the stage of my story and my mood. Sometimes it's pure silence that works, sometimes it's my favorite BTS playlist, and sometimes it's music that matches the intensity of the scene. 

Love BTS! :)

If you're able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?
I’m working on Book Two of the Eva Evergreen series! It’s an exciting, twisty new adventure featuring Eva and Ember.  

What are some of your favorite MG books you've read? And what are some that you're looking forward to reading?
There’s so many! A few of my favorite books & authors are Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend, anything by Natalie Lloyd or Tae Keller. My TBR is long, but I’m really looking forward to The Last Fallen Star by Graci Kim and The Bookshop of Dust and Dreams by Mindy Thompson (both coming out in 2021!).

I hadn't heard of either of the 2021 books before! *goes to look them up on Goodreads* :)

Thank you to Julie Abe for participating in this event! :)


Author Bio: Julie Abe is the author of EVA EVERGREEN, SEMI-MAGICAL WITCH, releasing in 2020 (Little, Brown Young Readers), and the second book in the series, releasing 2021. She has lived in Silicon Valley, spent many humid summers in Japan, and currently basks in the sunshine of Southern California with never enough books or tea. Find Julie online at www.julieabebooks.com.

Here Are A Few Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )