Monday, September 28, 2020

Review: The Stitchers (Fright Watch #1)

Review: The Stitchers (Fright Watch #1) by Lorien Lawrence

The start of a spine-chilling new horror series about the eerie happenings in a small town

 Something strange is happening on Goodie Lane . . .

 Thirteen-year-old Quinn Parker knows that there’s something off about her neighbors. She calls them “the Oldies” because they’ve lived on Goodie Lane for as long as anyone can remember, but they never seem to age. Are they vampires? Or aliens? Or getting secret experimental surgeries? Or is Quinn’s imagination just running wild again?

If her dad were still around, he’d believe her. When he was alive, they’d come up with all sorts of theories about the Oldies. Now, Quinn’s determined to keep the investigation going with the help of Mike, her neighbor and maybe-crush. They’ll have to search for clues and follow the mystery wherever it leads—even if it’s to the eerie pond at the end of the street that’s said to have its own sinister secrets. But the Oldies are on to them. And the closer Quinn and Mike get to uncovering the answers, the more they realize just how terrifying the truth may be.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: This was fantastically spooky! I'm a bit (more than a bit) of a scaredy cat, but I like to read a spooky MG book occasionally, and this book was perfect for that! Super creepy in parts, but never so much that I had to stop reading (that's a compliment!), and it was really good! I don't want to say much about the plot, since the main part of this book is Quinn and Mike trying to find out what's the deal with the Oldies. I will say that I loved how the author tied it all together, while still leaving things open/keeping you interested for the next book in the series!

Characters: I liked all of them! Quinn was a good main character, and I liked her family and friends. The Oldies were super creepy, which was exactly how they were supposed to be!

The Cover: I like it!

Overall: This was a really good spooky MG book! I'm definitely interested in reading the next book in the series, especially with that ending! Highly recommend if you're looking for a good book to read for Halloween!

I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )