Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Review: Glass Slippers!



The second book in the Sisters Ever After series of fairy tale retellings from the point of view of the siblings in the background, this is the story of Cinderella's never-before-mentioned third evil step-sister, Tirza.

Meet Cinderella's third "wicked" stepsister, Tirza. For years, Tirza has lived with the shame of what her family did to Cinderella. Against everyone's advice, Cinderella--now Queen Ella--took a chance on young Tirza. She gave Tirza a home in the castle instead of banishing her. The queen told everyone Tirza was good and kind, not cruel like her older sisters.
But now Queen Ella's famous glass slippers are missing, and there's only one suspect. . . .
Tirza may have tried them on . . . but she didn't steal them. Now she must find the true thief before she loses her royal home. But as Tirza gets closer to the truth, she finds herself getting closer to something else: her sisters, who might not be quite as evil as Cinderella claims.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: I loved the plot of this one! A retelling of Cinderella, set after the happy ever after, where she has a third stepsister, Tirza, AND it's told from her POV? Of course I was interested! It took the tale of Cinderell, and completely remade, I loved it. Plus, the ending was wonderful!

Characters: Tirza was a great main character! I don't want to say too much about the other characters, and influence your thoughts on them, but I will say that I loved how the author played with perceptions and assumptions in this book.

The Cover: I like it!

Overall: I absolutely loved this book, and I already know it will make my end of year post of favorite books! This novel reminded me why I love fairytale retellings. Overall, this is one book I highly recommend reading!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

1 comment:

  1. شركة ليلى نقل اثاث عجمان هي شركة تقدم خدمات المنزلية و أثاث المكاتب
    و الفنادق داخل الإمارات المتحدة في أي وقت و في كل مكان.
    نقل اثاث عجمان

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )