Monday, May 2, 2022

Review: The Prince of Nowhere!



Roda isn't afraid of the monsters that roam the wilds of the Aerlands. She's safe in her small town, surrounded by a wall of freezing, enchanted mist that keeps the beasts away. So when Roda rescues an injured crow on the instruction of her secret pen pal, Anonymous – whose letters arrive without warning and correctly predict the future – she's surprised to learn she's brought one of the so-called monsters home. Because her crow is really a shape-shifting boy named Ignis.

Ignis doesn't remember where he was going before he crashed. But Anonymous brought him and Roda together for a reason – and the only way to find out what Anonymous wants is to follow the trail of baffling clues in Roda's letters. Their perilous journey leads them into the mist and beyond, to a mysterious place called Nowhere. But Ignis has secrets, and the farther they get, the more Roda doubts she can trust him.

As a nefarious force closes in, they'll have to put aside their differences and work together. For they might be each other's only defense against an enemy who threatens their past, present, and future.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: I don't want to write too much about the plot of this book, for fear of spoiling people, but I will just say that I absolutely loved the plot of this book. This book reminded me of the Fantasy books I read when I was a kid, with new twists, and I mean that in the best way! This was such a creative, fantastical, wonderful book!

Characters: The characters were all great! I thought Rhoda and Ignis were good leads. The creatures and beings they met on their journey were so unique, and creative.

The Cover: I like it!

Overall: This was an absolutely wonderful Middle Grade novel, that I loved reading and is now a favorite! And after the ending, I hope we get a sequel. Overall, I highly recommend this MG book!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )