Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Yay for Middle Grade Books: Interview With Ronni Arno!



Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Middle Grade author Ronni Arno! Ms. Arno is the author of the MG book Ruby Reinvented, and the upcoming MG books Dear Poppy and Molly in the Middle! :)


Here's the interview! :)

The bold font are my questions to her, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.


1. Your next MG book, Dear Poppy release in October! Would you please describe it in five words?
​Poppy searches for her roots.​
 
2. What was your favorite book when you were in Middle School?
​I read everything Judy Blume wrote. I don't think I had a favorite. I loved them all!​ 

3. Random question! What's your favorite dessert?
​ That's a tough one, as with Judy Blume books, there are so many incredible choices​! I'd have to go with a hot fudge sundae (with extra fudge). Although a good apple crisp with vanilla ice cream is hard to pass up... 

 Hmm, both of those desserts sound so good right now! :)

4. What book do you wish you could travel back in time and give to your middle school self?
The entire ​Harry Potter series. I was already an adult when the first book came out. I would have loved to read that series through the eyes of an 11-year-old. I would have been waiting for my Hogwarts letter.​

5. What are some of your favorite Middle Grade books?
​ There are so many! Truly, it is my favorite genre to read. Just to pick a few... EVERY SOUL A STAR by Wendy Mass, HOOT by Carl Hiaasen, JAKE & LILY by Jerry Spinelli, WONDER by RJ Palacio, THE VIEW FROM SATURDAY by EL Konigsburg, and, of course, books by my critique partners, including MY SEVENTH GRADE LIFE IN TIGHTS by Brooks Benjamin, COUNTING THYME by Melanie Conklin, BREAKING THE ICE by Gail Nall, and the upcoming 
THE SLEEPOVER by Jen Malone, 
STICKS AND STONES by Abby Cooper, and WEAVING A NET IS BETTER THAN PRAYING FOR FISH by Ki-Wing Merlin. Oh, and HOUR OF THE BEES by my agency sister Lindsey Eager was fabulous. I could go on and on here...​

A bunch of these are on my TBR list! :)

Thank you for participating in this event! :)



Author bio: Ronni Arno writes middle-grade and young adult novels, because she thinks kids are cool, and so are the books they read. Her debut, RUBY REINVENTED, published with Simon & Schuster/Aladdin in 2015. Forthcoming books include DEAR POPPY (Simon & Schuster/Aladdin, October, 2016), MOLLY IN THE MIDDLE (Simon & Schuster/Aladdin, Summer, 2017), and SEVEN SIDES TO EVERY STORY (Simon & Schuster/Aladdin, Summer, 2017), a collaboration with six other Simon & Schuster/Aladdin authors. You can visit Ronni at www.ronniarno.com.
.
Here are a few links:

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )