Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Yay for Middle Grade Books: Interview with Kathleen Burkinshaw



Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Middle Grade author Kathleen Burkinshaw! Ms. Burkinshaw's debut Historical MG book The Last Cherry Blossom, releases August 2nd! :)

Here's the interview! :)

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font is my comments about her answers.


1. Your debut MG book, The Last Cherry Blossom releases in August! Would you please describe it in five words?
Family, friendship, secrets, loss, & survival

2. Next to World War II (Which is when The Last Cherry Blossom takes place.), what's your favorite time period to read about/learn about?
I also love the Victorian era or the 1920s

I love reading about both those time periods, too! :)

3. Random question! What's your favorite kind of craft to make?
Anything I can use a glue gun for😊

I agree with this! :)

4. If you're able to talk about it, are you working on any MG books now?
I am. I have a few ideas I'm writing about, but can't decide which one I'll move forward with yet.

5. What are some of your favorite Middle Grade books?

Blue by Joyce Moyer Hostetter, Eleanor Hill by Lisa Williams Kline, Red Berries,  White Clouds, Blue Sky by Sandra Dallas, any by Judy Blume, and the Sweet Sixteen MG debut authors have some great ones too!        
I've read some of the books you mentioned, and I need to look up some of the others! :)

Thank you for participating in this event! :)



Author Bio: Kathleen Burkinshaw resides in Charlotte, NC. She’s a wife, mom to a daughter in college (dreading the reality of being an empty nester-most of the time), and owns a dog who is a kitchen ninja.  Kathleen enjoyed a 10+ year career in HealthCare Management unfortunately cut short by the onset of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). Writing gives her an outlet for her daily struggle with chronic pain. She has carried her mother’s story her whole life and feels privileged to now share it with the world. Writing historical fiction also satisfies her obsessive love of researching anything and everything.

Here are a few links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )