Thursday, January 12, 2017

Interview With Alyson Gerber!



Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Alyson Gerber! Ms. Gerber is the author of the MG book, Braced, which releases March 28th! :)

Here's the interview!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.


1. Would you please describe your book, Braced, in seven words?

Rachel plays soccer, gets brace, it's hard.

2. Would you like to talk about the inspiration behind the book?

I have scoliosis and I wore a back brace for twenty-three hours a day in middle school. It was a challenging experience--physically and emotionally. At the time, I didn't know anyone else who had a brace, and there wasn’t a book that talked honestly about what I was going through. I wanted to change that.

3. Random question! Favorite color?

I love purple, especially the shade on the cover of Braced! 

That's a very pretty shade of purple!

4. What's one piece of advice you would give to aspiring authors?

Don't be afraid of feedback or rejection or failure. Those experiences will make you a stronger person and a better writer.

Good advice!

5. What are some MG and YA books you're looking forward to in 2017? And if you've already read some '17 books, which books have you loved?

I'm so excited for Caela Carter's Forever, or a Long, Long Time, Corey Ann Haydu's The Someday Suitcase, and all of the amazing middle-grade books coming out from debut authors.

There are so many amazing looking Middle Grade books releasing this year!

Thank you so much to Ms. Gerber for participating in this event! :)


Author bio: Alyson Gerber wore a back brace for scoliosis from the age of eleven to thirteen, an experience that led directly to BRACED. She received her MFA in Writing for Children from the New School, and before that she taught elementary and middle school students in a supplementary education program. She lives with her husband in Brooklyn, New York. You can find her on twitter and instagram @AlysonGerber and online at alysongerber.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )